Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Me being lazy if you have already done it, post the URL/link of the remote that you bought.
(2016-12-14, 14:07)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]Me being lazy if you have already done it, post the URL/link of the remote that you bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CEW...bw_c_x_1_w

this was the link. To my surprise, the remote came in a different box from the one shown here. It had written in hand writing on the box that the model is T3, but the box was definitely something totally different. It didn't even mention the word "Keenest" on the box.

However, when I opened the box, it was exactly as the one posted in here and the instructions were the same too. I'm pretty sure the box was not meant to be for this remote control because the box had "Voice search and voice calls" and made it seem like there was a mic on the remote which I am positive there isn't. I'm guessing they just used a random box for shipping purposes.

Any ideas what might have happened?
From the link in your post the picture of the remote looks exactly like mine.

I believe some of your issues are a misunderstanding or terminology.

At great effort on my part I took the remote dongle out of my Android box and plugged it into my WIN10 laptop LOL

The 'Del' key on the front and back is a backspace key and when pressed it backspaces and deletes one character at a time.

As I am typing this if I press the home button it opens my IE11 home page, which is the browser I am using to access the forum and post this response, by using the mouse pad and left click on my laptop choosing the back arrow in IE11 displayed at the top of my screen it brings me back to this page where I am doing this posting.

On my Android box the home key takes me to my Android home screen.

On a number of different remotes I have tried in Kodi the back key takes me to the Kodi top level menu page which for me is a pain, as I only wanted it to take me back up one level at a time.

To change this I had to use a key map, see here for how to set them up:-

http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

The lines in my keymap to only go back one level at a time when pressing the back key are:-

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<backspace>Back</backspace>
<key id='61467'>Back</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<backspace>Back</backspace>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

This works for me on both Android and WIN10.

Hope this clears up some of the issues you are having
I purchased a T3 in place of the GP811, but the IR LEARNING function not work even with T3.
No problem because the Keymap editor works perfectly with T3 (not working with GP811) Blush

Only a question: i must to map a button for "back" function (previus menu).
By default my T3 use the "DEL" button for this function (button near blu browser button).
If i map "return" or "enter" blu bottons (under "OK" blue button), the "OK" button is not working more as it should.

I can use "recent" button for back/previus menu function?
(2016-12-28, 17:10)mamachan Wrote: [ -> ]I purchased a T3 in place of the GP811, but the IR LEARNING function not work even with T3.
No problem because the Keymap editor works perfectly with T3 (not working with GP811) Blush

By default my T3 use the "DEL" button for this function (button near blu browser button).
If i map "return" or "enter" blu bottons (under "OK" blue button), the "OK" button is not working more as it should.

Using the keymap in my post above means the blue return button to the left of the Vol+ and Vol- buttons works good for me, returns up one level instead of back to Kodi main menu.

With this keymap my OK button is also working well as the 'Select' option button.
(2016-12-28, 17:17)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 17:10)mamachan Wrote: [ -> ]I purchased a T3 in place of the GP811, but the IR LEARNING function not work even with T3.

Using the keymap in my post above means the blue return button to the left of the Vol+ and Vol- buttons works good for me, returns up one level instead of back to Kodi main menu.

With this keymap my OK button is also working well as the 'Select' option button.
i will try.
many thanks
Perfect!
Thanks
For UK buyers looking at getting a T3, The link that Jeffers24 used to buy his has now expired (item unavailable). But I did find what looks to be an alternative, UK buyers may be interested in:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sound-Vision-T3...9M3AACAHJK&

Ordered two to potentially replace my two Motorola NYXboards which are both very finickety.

EDIT: On closer inspection of the listing, these turned out to be MX3's being advertised as T3s as alluded to by me in post: #121. Cancelled the order and got me a pair of THESE (Thanks to Jeffers24 for the link), post: #115.

Gib.
(2017-01-06, 11:28)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]For UK buyers looking at getting a T3, The link that Jeffers24 used to buy his has now expired (item unavailable). But I did find what looks to be an alternative, UK buyers may be interested in:

Ordered two to potentially replace my two Motorola NYXboards which are both very finickety.

Gib.

That is not the same as the T3 shown in OP or the ones I have ordered, look at the buttons they are different, this looks like the MX3 that has the mouse switching on problem.
(2017-01-06, 11:32)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-06, 11:28)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]For UK buyers looking at getting a T3, The link that Jeffers24 used to buy his has now expired (item unavailable). But I did find what looks to be an alternative, UK buyers may be interested in:

Gib.

That is not the same as the T3 shown in OP or the ones I have ordered, look at the buttons they are different, this looks like the MX3 that has the mouse switching on problem.

Apologies for quick part post, just wanted to get the warning out.

I don't normally order off ebay as I prefer the safety of Amazon.

However as no longer available at my previous link, the last remote I ordered was from ebay delivered without problems, works no mouse problem, in less than a week and cheaper :-) from here:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271122533550?e...Tags=bu=bu
Someone please post the manual for the t3 ( I lost mine) I tried searchinging online but can't find it !! Please pdf it from yours if you can !
(2017-01-07, 02:01)redkoatz Wrote: [ -> ]Someone please post the manual for the t3 ( I lost mine) I tried searchinging online but can't find it !! Please pdf it from yours if you can !

It's in the OP, original post

Gib.

Well it's listed as a "T3". I didn't spend much time comparing the two, trusting the item description as presented. If it does turn out to be an MX3, with the problems listed, i'll amend the post and be returning them.
(2017-01-07, 11:40)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]

Gib.

Well it's listed as a "T3". I didn't spend much time comparing the two, trusting the item description as presented. If it does turn out to be an MX3, with the problems listed, i'll amend the post and be returning them.

NPs, just wanted to stop you or anyone else being hoodwinked like I was the first time I ordered one. There are a lot of these about, being sold by different companies with different names.

Amazon are good and will quickly take a return if the product is not as advertised or faulty, which is why I prefer to use them.

Having said that the one I ordered off ebay was good and the supplier reliable, I would try them if you have any problems.

The challenge for us now is to find a better function/value remote than the T3 :-)
(2017-01-07, 11:49)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]The challenge for us now is to find a better function/value remote than the T3 :-)

There is a version with key layout like the old MX3 but with illuminated keys Smile
Friend bought it on aliexpress a couple of days ago, so far no problems, now let's wait and see how long the batteries last Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18