Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Want to include image in forum post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I am trying to include an image in a forum post but every time i try to include it a link to the image is inserted. I would like the image to show as you open the post.

Thanks in advance
Code:
[img]http://link/to/image.jpg[/img]

Example:
[img]http://kodi.wiki/images/4/43/Side-by-side-dark-transparent.png[/img]

Example:

There is also a button you can use in the post editor.
It is the one with the arrow on it in the picture below:

Exactly like that Thank You
I just saw what you did wrong.
You need to get a direct link to the picture, not a link to the imgur page with the picture.
Either use the direct link that imgur provides, or (if you have an album on imgur) you can use the imgur album tag (which is the last button on the right in my previous picture)
Fixed it for you Tongue
Thank You Kib

I will give that a go when i get the kids to bed. I appreciate your help.
Thanks for fixing my post. That exactly what I was trying to do.
I have learnt something new today Big Grin
Odd, I don't see the embedded image from the wiki. I see the second image, though.
Hotlinking protection on the wiki ? I see it now as well. I would looove hotlink protection on teh wiki images by the way Tongue
Hi I am also having a problem with posting a pic that I just took, the pic is just sitting there in my pictures folder therefore doesnt have an address to put it.

Its the first time I've had a problem posting pics on forums, it just keeps asking for URL?

Thanks
images have to be on a site so you can have an url.
i use a service called puush.me that automatically upload images and return me an url.
so you are able to use the tag and post here images

example

result
Peppe
(2016-06-07, 10:17)Kib Wrote: [ -> ](if you have an album on imgur) you can use the imgur album tag (which is the last button on the right in my previous picture)

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to do this. Is it still possible to embed a imgur album in a forum post (the type where a single image is displayed with prev/next controls)?

Thanks!
@nonJon

Button 14 or 18 to upload images
No worries posting individual images. It's the gallery effect that confounds me. See the bottom of the OP here

I use button 14 and end up with just a hyperlink.
there's no button for imgur albums, but you can create them using this syntax:
Pages: 1 2