Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16.1 video stops part way through
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I have been previously using SPMC 14.2 on my Minix X7 which works pretty well (passthrough and all). I recently installed Kodi 16.1 as I thought I should try and keep up with the latest builds. Only problem I have found so far (other than no passthrough for surround sound) is that part way through a program it will freeze then zoom in a bit, then stop playing and goes back to the directory. I then have to restart the program and resume where it happened and it is fine from then on to watch the rest of the show. Any suggestions why that would happen please?
As a follow up, i have found more issue. I deleted Kodi 16.1 thinking maybe the problem was due to having SPMC 14.2 installed as well (which i havent had any issues with). But now when I use SPMC 14.2 a similar thing happens, the video pause and go blank a few minutes into the show. If I hit play the audio continues with a black screen. If I stop the show and restart it it is still blank with audio only. Only was to fix is to exit SPMC and start all over again, and resume from where it stopped and i can then watch the entire rest of the show
You need to be more specific and also might help to post a Debug Log. How are you serving the content? Make sure you've read through the Offical Rules Section
I think I fixed it by clearing cache in a maintenance tool.
Those maintenance tools are frowned on (if not banned) here. They will generally do way more than good.
I Had this issue, it started when I enabled upnp on kodi for my remote
Disabled upnp on the router and the issue was resolved

Disable addon(s) that are running in my_addons--system--running may also resolve the issue.
Disable video hardware acceleration if you getting blank screen during playback