Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Czech items (video files,library...) starting with accented characters are sorte
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am using Kodi ver. 16.1 (OpenElec 6.95.3) and all versions gave me the same behaviour.

Issue:
Text in lists starting with an accented character is sorted to the very end of the list. Sorting is wrong everywhere !! (video files, library, HDD ....)

Czech sorting order should be : A,Á,B,C,Č,D,Ď,E,É,Ě,F .....
not A,B,C,D,E,F,Á,Č,Ď,É,Ě and so on.

Inside Kodi: appearance/international is set to:
language: Czech
charcter set: Central Europe
keyboard: Czech Qwertz

Is there any way to fix ?

Thanks.
Moved to OS Independent thread where more devs may see it, as this won't be Pi specific issue.
Screenshot

wrong sorting - Kodi (Openelec 6.95.3) :

correct sorting - Windows Samba :

I don't think the string utilities in Kodi are that sophisticated. For purposes of sorting, I think all they do is compare the unicode codepoint values of two unicode chars (corrected for upper/lower case as hard-coded lookup values). For pre-composed glyph such as found in the Latin Extended-A block those will compare as "greater than" the Basic Latin block. I think Central/Eastern Euro scripts based on Latin glyphs like Czech or Hungarian/Magyar are problematic unless language-aware libraries are used.

So eg Ā (U+0100 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH MACRON) always sorts after z (U+007A LATIN SMALL LETTER Z)

scott s.