Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Customize/modify APK to have our favorite Addons + Custom icon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to customize the kodi icon to a simple "Movies & TV" text or icon for my parents versus the blue K. Can I open the apk and replace one of the png's in the media folder? How then can i zip it back up and make it an apk again?

While I'm at it, can I add a few addons in the addon folder like subtitles, cinemavision and trakt. Then this would save me some time on their 4 or 5 different TV's.
I've just done something similar with spmc - I have versions 15 and 16 on a tablet and android box, and the icon / text was identical, which was a minor niggle.
I used a windows program called 'apkiconeditor' to re-name the description (to spmc 15) and use a new icon (actually the old spmc one).
If that's all you're trying to do (edit the kodi shortcut) it's worth a go if Ned's link doesn't do it.
It won't do the other stuff - I just plonk an org.xbmc.kodi folder (or whatever it's called exactly) with my addons / userdata in the Android folder before first run.
hmm, ok thnx for the tips.