Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HELP!? Download issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I had to re set my Amazon to firestick yesterday due to an issue and I've followed the process to download Kodi. I'm getting really frustrated because I'm selecting the ARM option for android and absolutely nothing is happening!

No download... No kodi. I am both completely helpless and completely clueless. I do not know what to do. Please help me... I have programmes to watch lol

Thank you in advance
In ES File Explorer click on ARM version once and then go all the way down in ES File Explorer and click on the three dots and click on the open in browser option then download i think
failing that you might have to do it with adbfire through your computer/laptop
(2016-06-11, 15:28)madmax666 Wrote: [ -> ]In ES File Explorer click on ARM version once and then go all the way down in ES File Explorer and click on the three dots and click on the open in browser option then download i think
failing that you might have to do it with adbfire through your computer/laptop

Well I was having the same exact problem. Then I found this post after some searching. Did exactly what MadMax said and bam it worked.
Thanks for the helping hand madmax Smile I am installing this on a new Fire Stick that the mailman just dropped off. Pretty psyched.
Unfortunately for me it never worked. Just took me back to the recents menu
check this video out if you haven't already found a solution. I had to re-install in the last few weeks and the htpcbeginner link was not working today as it had in the recent past. So there are more alternatives in this video

link removed as it features banned add-ons (wiki) - DarrenHill
Another solution is to download Kodi to a computer, share out a folder and then use es explorer to access the folder. It's a good way to keep items you want to test as well.

Idok Fire
Just once I'd love it if someone could post a useful YouTube link that didn't need removal due to banned add-on (wiki) crap. Just for the sheer novelty value.
So I had my cousin buy a Fire Stick, he followed the directions and said he was stuck in the same place I was originally. Told him to click on the 3 dots and open in browser.
What happened next was really odd, when he clicked on open in browser it brought him back to his main apps window and highlighted ES explorer Huh? I figured ok just click on it, maybe its asking to open with what?
In any case he clicks on it and it just opens the program again. Endless loop, really odd. I think I may have him hit restore to defaults in case he messed something up.............................Nope restoring to defaults didn't work either. This is REALLY weird. I tried downloading it again on my system and the same thing occurs..... it brings me right to the ES Explorer app. .... scratching head.
Personally i use abdfire to sideload from the computer/laptop as ES file explorer can be hit or miss at times.
Just google abdfire for tutorial.