Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFOs for tv episodes are missing the duration tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NFOs currently have
Code:
durationinseconds
instead of
Code:
durationin
, which according to Lunatixz, the author of Pseudotv Live, that's an old tag. Without it Pseudotv Live doesn't really work with TinyMediaManager since Pseudotv Live needs accurate durations. There might be some other things missing too but that is the one right now that is causing problems for me building Pseudotv Live playlists.
Well, the complete <streamdetails> tag is quite obsolete.
Kodi reads this on import, but always overwrites the information on first play with its self scanned mediainfo values.
(At least for the internal Kodi database - NFOs are not altered in any way)
Dunno how PseudoTV works, but it should always use the internal Kodi library & values (and not parsing NFOs on its own)?!

But, if i do an "export library" (Kodi 16), i STILL get the <durationineconds> entry.
So again dunno what should be obsolete here?!

Cannot read the thread as unregistered;
Maybe you can cop&paste some parts an PN me... or send a XML, how PTV expects it?
"durationin" reads kinda wrong...
Lunatixz Wrote:Runtime or duration tag in the nfo has to have a value and in minutes.

After you scrape into Kodi library PTVL should detect correct duration.

Lunatixz Wrote:Durationinseconds is a old nfo tag, not sure if it's still picked up by recent Kodi builds.

However I did look in the KODI source code and I found Durationinseconds.

From what I understand PTVL needs to know how long videos are and basically Kodi doesn't have that information when you do an nfo import unless it's in the nfo. So I'm not 100% sure what the format needs to be other than what is currently exported isn't getting picked up by KODI 16.1.

I'll add a link to this thread so maybe Lunatixz could provide some more info.
In the last days I wrote some perl scipts to feed some mediainfo from my ISO files into the NFO files (individual episodes are ISO files here).

I can confirm that Kodi slurps the durationinseconds tag within streamdetails/video from NFOs into it's database. This tag is correct for videos. Using the additional runtime tag does not hurt. However streamdetails will become overwritten by Kodi during playback.

On episodes I didn't get it right til today. There seems to be streamdetails/video/duration but no durationinseconds. A runtime tag does exist as well. I will look into Kodis source to find what I need here.

***EDIT*** For episodes I will test durationinseconds AND set runtime too - just in case.
PTVL grabs duration details from Kodis library and via direct file meta parsing.

It appears some users have incomplete NFOs with missing duration details. For whatever reason the missing details are presumably not filled in by Kodis library? I have not confirmed or verified. PTVL is straight forward and directly parses Kodis library meta. If media is properly scrape, PTVL will handle the file properly.

When I use the term "Accurate duration" I refer to the actual duration of the show not it's given runtime. ie. TVDB reports 30min runtime, but actual runtime with commercials removed is 23mins.

Sent from my SM-G935T
It looks like the correct term for the JSON RPC is "runtime". I'm just not sure how that gets set. I'm assuming it's the runtime value in the NFO.