Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: vpn connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if i am asking in right place, but here goes. i am new to raspberry pi and kodi. I am trying to install smart dns vpn into my kodi but don't know where to begin. i know where to go to install settings but it ends there. i have pi2 with libre elec. is there an idiot guide ?
For general LibreELEC support you're better off posting on the https://forum.libreelec.tv/ forum.

That said, what's wrong with using OpenVPN which comes as standard in LibreELEC?
I was going through a youtube video to setup OpenVPN on LibreElec as I did not get it pre-installed but I am kind of stuck after I followed @Karellen-Link removed which worked pretty well up til now where I have to select a server from a server list. How do I select server which one is good ? I mean there are percentages on capacity given do I go close to 100% or close to 0 ?
That guide is nothing to do with us, and we do not support VPN usage here.

Thread moved to off-topic.
I would never follow a guide made by a man not even capable to make the difference between a software (kodi) and an operating system (libreelec)

Quote:Being a fork of Kodi, LibreELEC is used for all devices including Raspberry Pi and Amazon Fire TV Stick
Given the "LATEST KODI GUIDES" section on that site, I doubt the link should even be visible on this forum anyway.