Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV issues with tvheadend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently bought a Philips 55PUK7100 TV, it has the newest firmware and runs under Android 5.1. First of all, I installed Kodi 16.1 from the playstore. Normal videos seem to play fine but in Live TV, with tvheadend, I only get sound and no picture. Then I installed 15.2, deactivated MediaCodec and let libstagefright activated(16.1 does not have libstagefright). The TV seems to support MediaCodec, but somehow it does not work with Live TV in Kodi. Anyway, I'm fine with using Isengard but there is one problem. If kodi is tuned to a channel and I switch to another one, it says "Buffering 0%", I can hear the audio but kodi freezes up entirely. If I press stop and then switch to another channel, everything works fine. I made a debug log.

kodi.log

I can't really find anything helpful there, does somebody else? I tuned in to a channel and then switched it, no suspicious error messages, but kodi is freezing up. This happens also in Jarvis and without any hardware decoding, so I think the issue is something else. It also does not happen with normal videos. I have tvheadend 4.0.8 btw.

Thanks in advance for your help Blush

EDIT: I tried Kodi 17 Alpha 2 and surprisingly it does not crash, when switching channels, hardware acceleration with MediaCodec seems to work, at least somehow. I get video but it's almost playing like in slow-motion, and sound is running fine... Again no problem with normal videos, like huge 4K or 3D MKV files, only Live-TV messing around...
Same behaviour with my Philips Android TV 49PUS7150 which has got same firmware as your TV. Kodi 17 beta 6 seems seems to handle live TV with TVHeadend addon better, but still hardware accelaration of H264 does not start automatically so the picture gets stuttering after few seconds and processor is used to 99%. Quite annoying...
Have you tried SPMC - Kodi 16.1 fork but with Android specific enhancements. I use it on my Amazon FireTV (Android) box and found it works great.

http://spmc.semperpax.com/
Yes, unfortunately is the problem the same on SPMC.
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/560

Skickat från min Nokia 3110i