Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFS Import issues on ' Character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've really had this issue for years now but its really bugging me lately, files I have in my storage with an ' or similar symbol in it are often not found through nfs on windows. Just a few stupid examples, if I have a file named "Mister Rogers' Revenge" or even worse "Girls' Night" (it gets even worse if it just ends in a ' like Decendants' or something like that) it simply isn't found when importing media. I have to rename the file, remove the ' and then it finds it just fine. The weird thing is that its then often displayed correctly in the file list (e.g. I rename "Girls' Night" which doesn't work to "Girls Night" which does work it then shows up perfectly fine as "Girls' Night" in Kodi) it just doesn't import them.

Is there a way to enable it to just load the files no questions asked or is there a way this could be fixed? I don't always check my files list or even always pay attention to the numbering of my files (or i just cleaned my list and a new file is skipped I don't know in general) which is really annoying because you either miss it or have to manually change everything to make it work...
This same issue goes for other symbols like " or & and such as well but less frequent then the single '.
It also happens with entire directories containing a ' for example I had a directory called Gamers' guide and it wasn't found at all until I changed it into Gamers guide without the '.

Hope someone has a fix for this.
I asked a few people and they say its a simple scripting issue in kodi so I really hope it can be fixed.
Moving to OS Independent, not a Raspberry Pi issue.
Thank you, I had no idea where to post this, i just put it under Rpi because I'm using a Rpi Smile
are you sure this is related to nfs and doesn't happen the same way with samba for example?
Happens the same way on Samba or FTP etc. I just put NFS in there to show my setup. It goes from windows to linux (Rpi OSMC) through NFS.
Don't really think the fact I use NFS for it has any value when it comes to the issue but figured I might as well include it.