Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: lotso problemos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I come back every month or two to see if any problems have been worked out enough in PTLV to make it usable for us. Is anyone out there experiencing any of these problems and might know of a workaround to them.

1. When making my channel list, I noticed that if I hadn't saved yet and went back into the configuration of the previous channel I just configured it would have the information from the current channel I was configuring. Example: I chose live tv->Plugin->Playon as the source->then NBC as the channel name. then I did another channel and used USA. When I went back to the NBC channel, USA Network is in it's channel name field and everything else still has references to nbc. I don't know if it was going to mess things up or it was just a visual thing but I had to redo all my channels without going back into any and if I made a mistake, I had to delete that channel and start over.

2. Here's the big one! I want to watch the live channels of PlayOn. I can use the playon addon just fine but when I add a playon channel to PTVL and try to watch it, it says there's a playon addon error. I've tried adding it as Live TV->Plugin and as Live TV->UPNP. I get the error if I do it as a plugin. If I try it as a UPNP source it stalls for a while then I see a popup along the bottom saying something like count 24/30 and the number increases.

3. If something doesn't work, I'm screwed. The addon just locks up or crashes on just about any problem. Is there some error checking option I can turn on? Channel doesn't play? Locks up. Initializing channels and it runs into a problem? Locks up. Pointing to the wrong guide data source? Locks up. I constantly have to hard shut down Kodi and restart.

4. Channels missing every time I start PTVL. Is there an option I can flag that says not to check my channels every single time? I would rather my channels show and allow me to select them immediately even if it says it couldn't play once I select it. If I want to pop on the TV and watch channel 65, that's a 5 min wait once I start PTVL for it to go through and add the gaps of channels that went missing since the last time I was running it.

5. Some of the live channels in the playon browser have the current show info when choosing the channel. Can't I use that as a source for my epg data? I understand that I would only have the current show and not a weeks worth of info but thats ok. Channels like TNT give me 2 live options. TNT East and TNT West. I'm on the west so my tvguide epg info is correct for the TNT West but I don't want to have to sign up for another TV Guide account and zap2xml account to pull epg info for that one channel. Same for another channel that has West and Pacific shows. If I could chose "Plugin" as the guide data source and at least have the current show listed in the guide then it's better than having nothing.

6. Is there a way to Bulk move channels? When I want to insert a channel in the middle of my config, I have to move each channel down one slot and sometimes it can be 50 individual moves. Is there a way to insert blanks or "slide up/down" all channels from a certain spot?

7. I'm getting quite a few errors relating to PTVL in my log. Anything look like a wrong setting to anyone?

xbmclogs isn't working right now and I was maxed on filesize for pastebin so I pasted it in 2 halves

First Half of Kodi Log

Second Half of Kodi Log

8. Also, and it seems like it's mostly happening on the non OTA channels, about 25% of the time after I select a channel it loads after about 10-15 seconds and then the "working" indicator shows in the bottom right of the screen and I can't do anything. Can't escape, can't bring the guide back up. Nothing. So just make sure the channel you want to watch is the one you're good watching for the rest of the night? lol
4. It's not exactly where you want, but somewhere in the settings you get the choice of starting PTVL almost immediately and have other channels added as they get build (this is what you have set right now), or having PTVL build everything before starting.

6. You may be able to move them easier by manually editing the settings2.xml
(2016-06-14, 20:10)azrael17 Wrote: [ -> ]4. It's not exactly where you want, but somewhere in the settings you get the choice of starting PTVL almost immediately and have other channels added as they get build (this is what you have set right now), or having PTVL build everything before starting.

6. You may be able to move them easier by manually editing the settings2.xml

Great idea on #6. You are correct on #4. So there's not a 3rd option to never rebuild them? I figure if I click on it and it doesn't work THEN I could go into settings and select one of the other options to fix it or something. I'm just thinking that I only have about 65 channels on there but what about the people who have hundreds. Do they have to wait forever to watch the later channels? Thanks for the reply btw.
Anyone else have any help to add on these items?