Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Development features zapping TV KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,
I'm new to the forum so forgive me sir the moderators if I post in the wrong places.
I install on my raspberry pi for just over 1 year (or 2 or 3 years soon Big GrinBig Grin) the mediacenter KODI with which I can see my films go on youtube and do all other full enough interresting things like watching TV IPTV thanks to the extension. I'm pretty happy with the performance and simplicity of the interface. However, I noticed a very big downside in using the kodi daily to watch tv. This is a small problem but I am greatly will improve our experience on Kodi and we bring a little comfort to watch our favorite shows. Who have never dreamed to change the channel by simply typing in the channel number on the keypad of the remote control? Nobody ... Nobody why? Because this is a basic function without which it would be tedious quickly regain our favorit program and then us not wait less than a television or our box (something that is not possible to do on kodi finally .. if with a computer keyboard connected ^^ ').

So to solve this problem I started my research with my friends always = D hehe well yeah it is me remain true after so many years spent at my side. Resuming, I started my research with Mr. or Mrs. Google just in case, someone would have thought before me = DDD.
Well actually ... no person there to thinking finally I found some stuff that you have to buy or addons that let you assign features inactive keys remote control as open menus ... the ones I use never to change, rename or delete files he exite my other most comfortable solutions for its Rolleyes.

The principle is quite simple, it is only to retrieve information from our digital remote control buttons with the protocol prefer a CEC wire and interpret them only in TV mode without having to buy more gadgets to make history good economy and especially preserved our planet, stop to multiply our remote one thank you enough CEC technology.

I ask the help of the community to have information on the management of CEC in KODI and develop a script that can be installed and why not submit it to the KODI development team.
Watashi no Yujin arigatōgozaimasu kokoronosokokara.
(2016-06-14, 22:53)Bilobilo Milus Wrote: [ -> ]Who have never dreamed to change the channel by simply typing in the channel number on the keypad of the remote control? Nobody ... Nobody why?

As far as I know this feature is already available "natively" in Kodi for a long time. No need for any add-ons.
i never use it that way, but it's perfectly possible as it is now.
Only thing that doesn't resemble the oldschool-way is that big rectangle that displays the (way to big) num keypad when you oppress a number.
(2016-06-15, 08:10)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-14, 22:53)Bilobilo Milus Wrote: [ -> ]Who have never dreamed to change the channel by simply typing in the channel number on the keypad of the remote control? Nobody ... Nobody why?

As far as I know this feature is already available "natively" in Kodi for a long time. No need for any add-ons.

Oh, I did not know at all ... yet I long search for a way to do it and throughout the kodi documentation there is nothing mentioned above.
If you know how it works could you explain? Please
(2016-06-15, 13:02)Atreyu Wrote: [ -> ]i never use it that way, but it's perfectly possible as it is now.
Only thing that doesn't resemble the oldschool-way is that big rectangle that displays the (way to big) num keypad when you oppress a number.

It's true I try the keyboard with a rectangular window that appears is not very beautiful and practical! But I also think it is possible to directly use the TV remote control. But I have nothing found no documentation on.