Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HELP ME WITH AMAZON STICK AND KODI PLEASE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, I have an AMAZON STICK I have done what they say step by step. and I get all the way to the end after the install but for some reason KODI never launches or at least not the way its supposed to.. But when you look it says KODI is installed but I keep getting this weird screen That looks like a reall outdated kodi that shows music videos movies and what not

Can someone please give me a FOOL PROOF WAY how to add KODI to an AMAZON STICK

Also are the ANDRIOD BOXES THAT ARE SOLD ON EBAY WORTH ANYTHING?
What are you expecting it to look like when you open Kodi?

No, I would not buy any Android boxes from ebay. Long story, but 90% are not worth it, so it's just easier to tell people to avoid them.
Quote: Also are the ANDRIOD BOXES THAT ARE SOLD ON EBAY WORTH ANYTHING?

You can read what we think of some of the pre-loaded ones here
Any chances I can send one of yall my stick and you LOAD IT UP WITH KODI Huh
If you can't install Kodi by yourself then you probably shouldn't be using Kodi by yourself.
Please take a photo of what you see in kodi when you have it loaded, put it on imgur and post the link here.
(2016-06-16, 02:44)jones112b Wrote: [ -> ]Any chances I can send one of yall my stick and you LOAD IT UP WITH KODI Huh

I used this tutorial and had no problems.

[deleted]

There are also lots of other help guides/videos that you can google for on how to set up Kodi from scratch.

[Deleted] has tutorials for just about anything you may want to do with Kodi on his site.

I would not buy a Firestick again if your main requirement is to use Kodi, as the stick is Amazon focussed and very difficult to work with, will not allow access to Play Store so no automatic android app (Kodi) updates, no USB or SD ports make it difficult to work with so difficult to transfer files and have off box backups......

The stick was good quality and very good if you want to pay a monthly fee to live in the world defined by Amazon. The advert on TV looks good, just plug the stick in and you are away. In my experience you will have to use the power supply supplied with the stick as my Sony TVs did not supply enough power via the HDMI socket or with the HDMI socket plus USB socket set up, I had to use the supplied power plug to stop the stick complaining about not enough power.

I loaded Kodi on my stick and gave it to my son who has an Amazon Prime account, so he gets the best of both worlds, but he pays monthly to do that.

If your main requirement is to use Kodi I would buy an Android box, the other option is to buy or use an existing Windows box which needs to be mid to high spec.

In my view the cheap £30-£40 android boxes on Amazon are very good value in terms of the hardware you get, at around the price of a stick. The memory in most boxes will be 1GB/8GB, best to get a 2GB/16GB, or at least a 2GB/8GB.

If you get a cheap android box I strongly recommend that you delete the Kodi that came on the box and install the current version from the Play Store which will then give you automatic android app updates including Kodi. Why, because the version of Kodi may be non standard and you will experience problems with the included addons most of which you will never use.

Also bear in mind on most if not all of the very cheap boxes you will not get any support or new firmware updates, but you get what you pay for.

For around £100 you can buy a quality box with full support such as a MINIX box.
Jeffers consider this a warning - no more references to builds that include banned addons.
(2016-06-16, 12:53)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Jeffers consider this a warning - no more references to builds that include banned addons.

Hi Nickr,

I feel like you have just slapped me for no reason.

I don't believe I made any reference to any build, let alone a build including banned addons :-( I have seen a lot worse posts in the past on this forum with no action taken.

I simply responded to a question and commented on the hardware you get for your money.

I also recommended that if it came with a build, which not all the boxes do, that it should be deleted.

I would appreciate it if you took your warning back :-)
You referred to a howto that clearly references installing via a build that includes banned addons.
(2016-06-16, 13:19)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You referred to a howto that clearly references installing via a build that includes banned addons.

Still not clear to me what you are getting at, I still believe I have not made any reference to any build, which is the point you keep stressing.

Would you PM me and tell me exactly what I have done that I should not have done, so I don't do it again.
You can always install MrMc. You have to pay, but you are paying someone to place it on the fire stick. It's a stripped down version of Kodi and seems to run better on the stick. I run Kodi on the fire box and Mrmc on the stick.
(2016-06-16, 13:46)cj3322 Wrote: [ -> ]You can always install MrMc. You have to pay, but you are paying someone to place it on the fire stick. It's a stripped down version of Kodi and seems to run better on the stick. I run Kodi on the fire box and Mrmc on the stick.

I download and installed Jarvis 16.1 apk from the download section of the Kodi website on the stick and had no problems.
Jeffers that is what I tried to do install Jarvis but somehow someway something just didnt go right
(2016-06-16, 23:01)jones112b Wrote: [ -> ]Jeffers that is what I tried to do install Jarvis but somehow someway something just didnt go right

Do you have ESFilexplorer app installed?

Do you have Kodi installed and are you able to run Kodi on your stick?
Pages: 1 2