Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm currently having an issue with some videos freezing my system completely. It appears to be video related, but it only happens on Kodi.
The log has a freeze, reset, freeze, and another reset.
Any ideas would be helpful.

Log: http://pastebin.com/L5ci3AFP

Using Jarvis & OpenElec
are ou using the TV show next aired thing?

At least that one gives some errors. Probably disabling it.
Yeah. Next Aired works well for my widget. The Addon itself is way glitchy. Looks good, but pushing left across the menu freezes it.

My issue is during actual video playback. I'm now experiencing it a bit on my Chromebox as well. It seems like this is only a new issue since updating from Isengard to Jarvis.
Is it just HEVC videos that do this Huh
As the log only plays HEVC 1080p which is too much for the chromebox ... one cannot help.
Hmm...
I checked...and...it appears it may be the HEVC vids that are freezing.
I suppose I never really noticed as I only have a few that are 1080p. Odd that I can actually watch dozens on my Chromebox and my far inferior laptop with Openelec without issues. It just happens once in a while and generally one 1 video that is exactly the same as the rest in the series. How peculiar.

So, does a Chromebox normally freeze or not play 1080p HEVC? Maybe I should stay clear from encoding that way. Wish I knew that before I did a whole series. I'm glad it's at least operating.

Maybe in the next Chromebox.
Alternately, would the Core i3 Chromebox play it fine?
Or...if I change it to Software decode?

My junky old laptop has a Pentium P6200, which I figured would be trash since it's a 9 year old laptop, and it plays everything I throw at it.