Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Different image types for Movies/TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On one of my Kodi devices I prefer Mimic because it's a rather nice lightweight skin. However, I've noticed something that I can't quite figure out:

I like to keep my Movies view set to display the Posters as the artwork; I prefer to have the TV Shows display the Banner. I use the same view type for both (I believe it's the Wall style, but I'm not in front of the TV so I'm uncertain what it's called.) When I set the artwork to Posters in Movies, but then display TV Shows, it shows Posters for the artwork there. In the TV Shows view, if I change the artwork display to Banners, then when I browse Movies, the artwork has switched to Banners there.

Is this a bug in Mimic, or is there a shared setting between the views? And if it is a shared setting, is it something that can be easily changed in that view's XML?

(I'm not adverse to modifiying the skin's files, as I already do so with each update to remove the genre colors from the EPG, and add episode names and season/episode numbers for places where they ought to be visible for Live TV options.)
The art type selected for a particular view is universal. So it will be used wherever that view is used. If you want different art types for tv/movies using the same view, you'll need to mod the skin. No idea how difficult that would be.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Thanks for the response; that's what I figured was the case, but was hoping differently.