Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield CEC long-return not received
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a question...I don't know if it's a Nvidia Shield firmware issue or a Kodi issue. Hoping someone can help. Nvidia Shield connected to Samsung TV and I'm using the remote to navigate. Have Kodi 16.1 installed on the Shield. Also have a wireless USB keyboard connected to the Shield.

In short, when I long-press the OK button on the Samsung IR remote, Kodi does not detect a long-press, but when I long-press the return key on the keyboard, Kodi does see the long-press. Below is the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/86Q0UXfS

The first commands (@ 10:27:25) are with the usb keyboard, so you can see the arrow keys and the return key all correctly detected as long-press. The second set of commands (@ 10:27:51) are with the IR remote and arrow keys are long-press but enter is not is detected. I notice that the OK button on the IR remote is scancode 0x17 sym 0x000d whereas the enter key on the keyboard is scancode 0x42 sym 0x000d. All the arrow keys are equivalent between the keyboard and the IR remote. Don't know if this indicates anything.
It depends a lot on the TV. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's seen as a repeating keypress, sometimes the TV doesn't send repeating/long presses over CEC, etc. There's not a lot that can be done if longpress is not working out of the box.
Thanks for the reply. Just to double-check, I connected up my Cubox-i4Pro with Openelec 6 (Kodi 15) to see which CEC commands get repeated from the TV. You nailed it: only the arrow keys, rewind, and fastforward are repeated through CEC. Every other key is sent once no matter how long it's pressed.