Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on Fire TV and Synology - All Files have the same date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a Fire TV with Kodi Jarvis 16. I recently set up a Synology Disk Station as a media server. Everything works fine except one thing: all files on the Synology have the same date: 06.06.1905. On the Synology I see the creation dates, on Kodi for Windows I see the creation date, on my Android smartphone and tablet I see the creation date - only Kodi on my Fire TV shows for all files the same date. Sorting by creation date is important to me to keep track of files seen or not ...

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Hi! I have EXACTLY the same set up and problem. Brand new synolgiy disk station. Files on my laptop show correct modifcation dates. Kodi main displays shows correct date. BUT all my video files are display the wrong date 06.06.1905 making it impossible to filter content based on date added.

Additionally, even though I have added the imdb library addon to scrape video data nothing happens when i click 'update library'. wondering if the two issues are related.

help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
I have not found a solution yet. But I have to say that I am glad not to be the only one...
surely you and I are not the only ones with this issue. How do we escalate this thread in the forum to get someone more experienced with Kodi to review and answer this query?
@rglaap have you tried reporting this query as a bug? http://trac.kodi.tv/
I have created a bug issue:

[Kodi - TRAC] #17018: Android Kodi on Smartphone and Kindle Fire TV displays the same date for all video files: 06.06.1905
great! let's hope this is an easy fix!
Hi bud-- still no resolution on this. I posted a ticket to the synology forum as well. Suggest you do the same. Waiting for the post to be approved. Link to general forum here. https://forum.synology.com/enu/index.php username omg11

SCREENSHOT OF ISSUE > Imageupload pic
Did anyone ever figure this out? I am also having this same issue since stopping using Serviio on a PC and switching to Media Server directly on the Synology NAS
hi, i fixed it a whikle ago, if i remember correctly i uninstalled kodi and cleared all the cache files. restarted and the reinstalled fresh and linked up the folders again. pls try and if this works chime in on the thread so we can close this ticket. good luck!
Ok will do, I will try and clear the cache, as its a new server source (switched from serviio to synology) I honestly cant see there being any cache files yet as I only just installed the software a few days ago and created the folders.

Incidentally, I get the same issues on my raspberry pie kodi too albeit the dates are different, but still all the same.
I couldnt find any info on clearing cache, as they were all about clearing the stream cache from addons which i dont use.

So i did the next best thing, i installed Kodi on a brand new samsung S9 which has never been used for steaming video, no addons just went to videos, added my synology box as a upnp source and strangley i had the same timestamp problem however the date was 1/1/0 where as on my android tv box i get 6/6/1905/

Do you have any tuts for clearing the cache from kodi iteself (no addons) ?
Good news, its nothing to do with cache or anything. Having spent 2 weeks with synology debugging and sending logs this issue had been eacalated to the tbeir HQ and rhe dev team.

I installed a 3rd party medua server and issue was gone so that means it IS the synology one is casing the date problem.
Ok so thought i would updated this thread for future reference. Synology provided me with a "patched" media server today 31/10/2018 and i installed it and Kodi now shows the correct dates on the files.

I would expect a new update for those that use it to be pushed out shortly as i have confirmed thats its now working.

Cant believe its taken all these years to sort Undecided
I am back. Same issue as in 2016. I don't remember if and how I fixed it. But now I have a new Fire TV Box, installed Kodi Matrix - and bhamm ... same issue again. All files have the date 1905. In my Windows Kodi installation everything is fine. Can't find a solution - again. Feel stupid, too.