Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Vinci skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Ok, I think it’s time for a first release.
Vinci was made as an answer to all dark graphics/skins we see these days.
I wanted to create a classy timeless skin without too many web2.0 influences.

Some Stuff:
  • Only 720p is supported at the moment, I have no intention to create a 4:3 version.
  • As my xbox is broken I haven’t seen Vinci on a real television, so report readability issues.
  • The video-OSD is not yet finished and playing DVD’s will show parts of the original PMII skin.
  • I’ve included weathericons. To use them, put the .rar in the xbmc media-folder. Don’t forget to backup the original weather.rar!
  • I think the most essential functions are skinned. But I’m not a xbmc poweruser so let me know if I forgot some really important stuff.
  • The xml is an absolute mess. I wouldn’t advice looking at the code. :p It also contains a lot of unused PMII xml. (Vinci is based on PMII)
  • If you want to help create/update this skin, please contact me by sending a PM/email.
  • Skincredits are in the skin.xml file.
  • It’s not my homecinema you see in the picture, it’s property of Mauce, a Dutch guy living in France.Smile

Download Vinci (latest update 11 sept 2008)
is it an actual photograph or a "Mockup" ? Smile
It's a mockup Wink
It looks cool ! but i have only a PAL tv Sad
Beautiful!
I'll add it to my version tomorrow, loved this skin from the moment you announced it at Tweakers Smile
Your Skin looks wonderful Big Grin, but for 4:3 user's it will keep a dream Sad
Ohh its out must check it out later
empty Wrote:Your Skin looks wonderful Big Grin, but for 4:3 user's it will keep a dream Sad

Jup, same here...
Word of warning guys the skin has no Login screen xml file so you wont be able to get into xbmc without reseting the default skin unless you turn off login screen before using this skin
Jezz_X Wrote:Word of warning guys the skin has no Login screen xml file so you wont be able to get into xbmc without reseting the default skin unless you turn off login screen before using this skin

I'll classify that as "really important stuff".
Gonna add a loginscreen asap.

/edit:
Loginscreen should be working now.
Oh I forgot to add its looks nice and some great concepts in it
Great skin !! Big Grin

Could you please put in the 3D list as in PMIII for music ?

ga zo door..............
I'm working on a 4:3 version :-) if there are some guys also working on a 4:3 version give me pls a sign to share the work Wink
uploaded a new version:
  • added rss feed
  • fixed PAL19x6 _a bit_
  • fixed clock
  • fixed contextmenu
  • fixed visualisations (thx Jezz_X)
  • made skin more futureproof (lists/panels are the new pink)
  • some small fixes/changes/adds

Also uploaded a second texturefile with another MyPics picture,
for the people who don't like 'nudity':

Download skin
Download alternative texturepack (place it in the media folder of the skin)
Wow. I'm really surprised this skin hasn't received more comments.
I, for one, think it's a very nice change of pace from more "technological" skins like xephyr (which is also very nice in its own way).

It obviously has some kinks to be worked out (some of which I see have been addressed already), but Mntz isn't going to keep the hard work up without some encouragement.

Excellent work, sir. Please continue. Clearity remains my default, but this skin could present a viable alternative for me with a little more polish.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13