Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Picons/Channel Icons not working for HD channels.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the picons (including HD) work on my vu duo and in Open Webif.

I started by trying to use the 'fetch picons from web interface' option in the addon settings but this doesn't seem to be working.
I downloaded my picons from my box to local and pointed the icon path to this folder, which works, but not for HD channels.
I have tried both SNP and SRP picons.

Any ideas?

Hi Nathan,

I got your PM but couldn't reply as it says you won't allow users to send a PM. But anways, here's a copy of the PM i was going to send you:

I didn't manage to get it working on Kodi through the PVR client as mentioned in the other thread, even though picons worked perfectly fine on my enigma 2 box. The way I solved it was to not use the PVR client to display the picons, but use Kodi's built in feature to display channel logos. Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to Settings> Addons> My Addons> PVR Clients> VU+ client and open the settings. Disable Fetch picons from web interface
2. Copy over your channel logos locally onto your Kodi device*
3. On Kodi, go to Settings> Live TV > Menu/OSD
4. Click on Folder with channel icons and select the folder where you saved your channel icons

*Note: the names of the channel logos need to be named the same as the channel name for it to work on Kodi. So BBC One HD needs to be named "BBC One HD". Would also recommend loading up a smaller set of channels from, say, your favourite channels bouquet so that the PVR Client doesn't take a very long time to load (as was the case with me).

Hope that helps.
I am using the SNP (Service Named Picons) on my enigma 2 box perfectly.

But it looks as though Kodi requires them to be named differently.
'bbcone.png' (enigma) vs 'bbc one.png' (kodi). To go through and rename all the picons for the channels in my favourite bouquet will take ages.
(2016-06-19, 19:13)natdeamer Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the SNP (Service Named Picons) on my enigma 2 box perfectly.

But it looks as though Kodi requires them to be named differently.
'bbcone.png' (enigma) vs 'bbc one.png' (kodi). To go through and rename all the picons for the channels in my favourite bouquet will take ages.
Yep, that's correct. I have 138 channels in my favourites bouquet I use for Kodi, took about 20 mins to rename them but it's worth it. If the channel logos are already named 'bbcone.png', you'll only need to add the spaces in which shouldn't take too long, it's just that it gets repetitive. If you're using plain transparent logos, I can send you a copy of my renamed picons (with spaces) and you can build up from there or can send you a link with transparent, named picons without the spaces for all channels.
Thanks, I'll sort out my PM's and send you a message.

What would be nicer is updating the plugin to match the same picons that our boxes use. e.g. just ignore spaces when matching the channel names. I might try to have a look through the codebase.