Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lock Preference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i had read the forum and cant seem to get it working right

first here info you might need to help me out

<video>
<default></default>
<bookmark>
<name>1 kids</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/kids/</path>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>2 DVD</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/DVDR/</path>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>3 DVD Rips</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/DVDRIPS/</path>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>4 SVCD</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/SVCD/</path>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>5 TV</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/TV/</path>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>6 VCD</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/VCD/</path>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>7 PC DVD Rom</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/DVDROM/</path>
</bookmark>

<default></default>
<bookmark>
<name>1 Music</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.2/music/</path>
</bookmark>

using SMB without own login/password and the guest account is on (only my pc an a wired network)

As you can see there all the same for format through the setting and all of them work perfectly apart from VCD and Music

i have set filesharing up perfectly for all the others but here is where it gets strange

if i go into my music folder to play an mp3 and the file is NOT in another dir it will play for example

/music/test.mp3 (this plays the mp3)

but it i enter in a directory within the shared folder i get Lock Permissions of which there in non, for example

/music/album (it comes up with Lock permissions)

this is the same for the vcd folder

i am so confused as its only vcd and music that i have a problem with even though as far i am aware all the setting are the same

I hope i have given you enough information so you are able to solve this for me

Thank you inadvance
Permissions problems on the server. You likely need to unshare and reshare some of those shares. Make sure "inherit permissions from the parent folder" is set.
ok i have shares and then set share again and its till the same for them 2 directory

i have looked onn the microsoft website for help and used http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docum...x?mfr=true

2.Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.

only problemn is i dont see a Security tab only General, sharing and customize so i used this link to enable the tab

this was selected so i unselected, rebooted then selected and rebooted but still no tab

i am running xp pro sp2

its driving me mad Smile
If think that if you have simple file sharing selected in folder view it will not show the security tab. You can unclick simple file sharing and reboot and see if that works.

But first are you sure your Guest account has the correct permissons? I would try it with your admin account which should have all permissons needed by default. If that works then you know its a permission problem.

You can the look at the wiki/manual on sharing for a few diffrent set ups and try which one you think you need. Link: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...BA/CIFS%29
i have tried it with xxx:xxx@ip on guest and admin and have the same 2 dirs that wont work and if turn the guest account totaly off and not us a login at all i still have the same 2 dirs

i have deleted the dirs and remade them but it still the same

what i dont understan is that i have format my pc hundreds of times and set up sharing the same amount all the same way and never had a problem at all

i have removed my firewall (just using router) and still the same i just driving me mad becasue it started for no reason at all
It still sounds like what JMarshall said about inherit permissions.
in that case then to try and explane it cant be that i did the followinging

I deleted the vcd and music folders totaly then i went into to the DVDR which i know works perfectly as well as all the direcorty in there as well and made a new VCD and music flder and but a test directory in each of them (/dvdr/music and /dvdr/vcd) all the folders worked perfecty appart from the vcd and music

thease dirs was not even shared they was just simply a new folder that worked inside /dvdr

this is totaly confusing me so i am going to format my pc again tonight with a clean install and hope that will fix it becasue it donset matter what i try the same 2 folders will not work but its strange that it worked perfectly for weeks and then suddenly stopped with me changing a single thing it just simple stopped me sharing thats why i am so confudsed about all this
OK formated my and i appear to be getting somewhere

i can only seem to share 1 folder on that certain hard drive so i moved them to anothere drive and all works well

i will have to work out what wrong it appears to be sorted as far getting the shares working

fell free to close the thread nad thats you all for your time and help