Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi native android app running on a Asus Chromebook Flip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Youtuber doesn't show much, but does show that the Kodi android app does run on a Asus Chromebook Flip without crashing (around the 3:50 mark):

I talked to one of our Google Play contacts who was pretty sure Kodi for Android should run pretty much fine on these chromebooks when this was enabled. Great to see she was right.
would be good to know if HW video acceleration is also working fine
It runs, but does not playback videos. After one of the recent updates it allowed UPNP so the library could be seen, but as yet I have not been successful to play a video. Have others had more success? thanks -j
(2016-08-31, 05:58)jmcqup Wrote: [ -> ]It runs, but does not playback videos. After one of the recent updates it allowed UPNP so the library could be seen, but as yet I have not been successful to play a video. Have others had more success? thanks -j

I got a Acer Chromebook R11 and have been able to get video playing in both Kodi 17 beta and SPMC (whatever version is currently available in the store). In both cases, it required switching to software decoding though. I could get hardware decoding if I turned off surface decoding, but the color was all messed up. Also, for some reason SPMC could playback 1080p content, while Kodi wasn't quite able to go beyond 720p content in software. I haven't tried Kodi 16 yet, but that's the next test.