Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Plugin does not open any channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've recently installed the latest Kodi 17, enabled the Simple PVR IPTV plugin, entered the links to my paid playlist wit Polish television which I was using succesfuly in Kodi 16, but whenever I press on a channel nothing happens, no working spinner, nothing. Anyone knows how to make it open channels?
(2016-06-21, 00:56)oomek Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently installed the latest Kodi 17, enabled the Simple PVR IPTV plugin, entered the links to my paid playlist wit Polish television which I was using succesfuly in Kodi 16, but whenever I press on a channel nothing happens, no working spinner, nothing. Anyone knows how to make it open channels?

You should ask your paid provider as we provide no support for those IPTV lists on this site.
I will if the playlist's format changed in the plugin version for Kodi 17, can anyone confirm that?
(2016-06-21, 01:03)oomek Wrote: [ -> ]I will if the playlist's format changed in the plugin version for Kodi 17, can anyone confirm that?
Point well taken. That is why I did not trash the thread.
Seems like the plugin developed some issues with the rtmp: protocol as the http links are working fine.
With a pre-compiled Kodi version from the "team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly" PPA which is based on commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/1a0c...8fa728252b

With that version the IPTV Simple Client is not working here.

But with a older version it does work, git20160611.0200-536fa3c is the version in which is does work for sure because I am running it now.
I had it still in my /var/cache/apt/archives folder so I could install it very easy.

So I do think there is some regression since the last merges.
Maybe someone who knows what has been changed and what did introduce the 'bug' will be able to fix this issue ? Smile
What platform are you both using?
It may be Somthing to do with the hardware, codec
or anything (well, I'm guessing! I'm not an expert)!

Just pitching it in because I know the developers had
(or maybe still having) difficulty with krypton on android.

I don't know if they already sorted the platform out yet!
Windows 10 x64 on AMD A4 5000 + Radeon R7 240
I don't think it's a hardware issue as on Kodi 16.1 the plugin is working without any problems and my setup is pretty standard one.
For me it is Ubuntu 16.04 and a Intel i3 Ivy Bridge onboard GPU as well as my other system which is a Zotac with a Celeron and a Nvidia GT610 with Ubuntu 14.04.
Hi all! I use Amazon Fire TV Stick and yesterday I tried to upgrade from 16.1 to 17.alpha 2. I noticed that there is no more "Enable" check box in TV settings. I set up PVR simple client and starrted it, restarted Kodi, but there is still no TV in the main menu as if it was not enabled. My favourite channels were there in the list after upgrade but they did not open as well. I returned back to 16.1 and TV works again. My channel list does not contain any rtmp links, because Kodi refuses to even start TV with rtmp in the list. So, did you remove "Enable TV" check box and TV is meant to work after PVR client started, or this check box should be in 17 version as before?
Krypton changed the PVR backend. Once there is an addon configured and enabled the PVR system is ready to go; the "Enable" portion of the Live TV settings is no longer needed.
(2016-07-04, 02:55)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Krypton changed the PVR backend. Once there is an addon configured and enabled the PVR system is ready to go; the "Enable" portion of the Live TV settings is no longer needed.

So, it's just not showing up by me.
oomek any luck or workaround?

I'm with a similar issue. but the sound always loads, only the video sometimes works others doesn't.

Same list works just fine in same kodi version on my android tablet.
As far as I understand Kodi v17, RTMP streams will not work until there is a working "inputstream.rtmp" addon for the Windows platform. As of now there is none included in the nightly builds.

It is included in OSX and LibreELEC builds, tested it there and rtmp works as it should (MacBook and rpi2).
Pages: 1 2