Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Get running time for disc from data base, running time for movie file from file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can one automatically get the running time of a movie from the file and the running time for a disc file from the data base (IMDB, etc.) when scraping?
should work out of the box if you check "get runtime from media files" in the settings.
For all media files which can be read, the runtime from MI will be taken. For the other ones the runtime from the scraper will be taken
Thank you.

Do you mean this one:

I cannot find another one.

I guess, I would have to rescrape all of the movies to get the running time like I want it with the new setting, is that right?
well, no, not needed.
Runtime of files is done by MediaInfo (summed up).
Runtime of movie is scraped.
So we keep both Smile

The tick just sets your preference, what to use/show/write...
That sounds good. So that option "get runtime from media files" would be placed very well on the "Details" tab so one could switch to both of the times.

Many thanks.

Can tMM automatically switch to the data base running time with disc files? So the option is set to option "get runtime from media files" but with disc files tMM automatically shows the running time of e.g. IMDB?
No.
This is a global settings for all kinds, and stays as is.

The next user maybe wants to do this only for movies starting with an "A"?
We will get hundrets of settings and checkboxes, if we add every "exception" an user wants... so lets keep this simple...

(if there are good reasons for changing, where the majority of users benefit, we can discuss further...)
Yes, yes, of course.