Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Set MCE remote button to bring up Audio and Video menus during video playback?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using this MCE remote with the MCE add-on in Kodi, it's configured and works great. I'd just like to know if I can possibly set a button to bring up the audio and video menus during video playback. Just in case to be clear, I mean this and this.

Using 16.1 on Win 7 x64. Thanks for any help!
Press the Info button on the remote during playback.
I know I can bring up the menu, then scroll to the Video and Audio menu buttons, hit ENTER and get to the menus. What I'm looking for is to set the button directly for each so I don't have to bring up info and scroll. I already have a keyboard.xml in /userdata/keymaps/ for switching between audio devices for the Audio Profile add-on:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <g>RunScript(script.audio.profiles,0)</g>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

I'm sure I can set the video and audio menus but checking the wiki I can't figure it out.
I figured it out after checking the window ID page: http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <g>RunScript(script.audio.profiles,0)</g>
      <u>ActivateWindow(osdaudiosettings)</u>
      <y>ActivateWindow(osdvideosettings)</y>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Just configured my remote in the MCE add-on, rebooted and it works. Hope it helps anyone else!