Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blank other displays breaks kodi's output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello there,

i've done a fresh install of Kodibuntu on a intel core i5 laptop, with Nvidia 315M GPU. i've upgraded kodi using ssh to Jarvis and rebooted, i then verified upgrade is successful and gui shows updated version, then i installed simple iptv addon using apt-get then a reboot.

after a reboot the screen looks like image in below link (most of the screen is black, part of kodi gui is on the right side of the screen), it looks same on both HDMI tv and remote x11vnc session:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Pmaxn...sp=sharing

i've then removed simple iptv package and libplatform1 (dependecy) and reinstalled kodi package then rebooted. but the issue persists.

i've already done three fresh installs of Kodibuntu today trying to get it done properly,

please help!

thanks,

Edit: simple iptv is not the issue, blank other displays option is!
Solved
When you remove and reinstall kodi, you also need to remove your .kodi directory and its contents
Code:
rm -rf ~/.kodi
(2016-06-24, 23:05)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]When you remove and reinstall kodi, you also need to remove your .kodi directory and its contents
Code:
rm -rf ~/.kodi

thanks for the tip, i used apt-get purge , i expected it to remove the config files.

i've deleted kodi again, executed the command above, then installed kodi again and rebooted, issue is resolved. however, next reboot, same issue comes back again.

and if i quit kodi app, kodibuntu desktop is empty but no black screens.

any help?
debug log (wiki)
After hours and another install of Kodibuntu, i didnt install Simple IPTV, and i still had the propblem after a reboot. It turned out that "blank other displays" under system/video gui settings is causing the trouble and i was always setting simple iptv then doing the gui video/display settings and rebooting, never had an issue before, oh god.

Thanks nickr,