Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: G box Q2 Kodi issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
Relative newbie to Android boxes and Kodi in general . However, I have been happily and successfully using Kodi on a Matricom box for a couple months now. Within the last several days, I've started having issues. First thing I noticed is that when I loaded Kodi, it showed "Preparing for first run" as it loaded. Then, I noticed that when selecting an episode, it would not display the loading of sources for a while. If I wait long enough, the screen switches to the source link index. When playing back video, the on screen menu does not come up when I hit the OK button on my remote anymore.

Finally, trying to go into Kodi's System menu or Settings menu results in a completely black screen.

Anybody have any ideas, or am I looking at a delete and reinstall?

Thanks in advance.
Which add-ons are you talking about?

Such a question would need a debug log (wiki) to be gathered, uploaded and a link posted here (do not paste it directly here).
This sounds suspiciously like one of the addons banned from discussion on this forum as we offer no support for piracy addons, please refer to http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
Certainly not wanting to discuss anything I shouldn't. Keeping it generic then, would you have any ideas why Kodi would be black screening on the Kodi System and Settings pages, or why the on screen display will no longer come up in playback? This is happening without any relation to a specific add on.
Post the debug log (wiki) link of the issue occurring. But as noted we don't support any box containing banned add-ons (wiki) regardless of whether they appear to have an influence on the issue of not.
Never mind, issue resolved. For future reference though, is there a straightforward way to get the debug log when I can't access the settings or system menu in Kodi?
Detailed in the advanced part of the wiki link.

Although whether it classes as straightforward or not I leave to your individual judgement.