Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need Help! New to Kodi & Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help! I am new to KODI and having trouble setting everything up especially live tv. The only connection I have is an internet connection through cable. I don't have TV. In my PC is a Hauppauge tuner. I have the cable line connected to the pc. I have been using windows media center. I've been able to get 2 thru 13 and a few extras, ION tv, This tv, antenna tv maybe 1 or 2 others but that's all. I am about to do the free download of windows 10 which won't support media center. So I downloaded Nextpvr and picked up the same channels plus Me tv. From everything that I read, with Kodi I should still be able to get all the channels tbs, history, discovery etc. But no matter what I try I can't get any of these to work. HELP!!! I'm not very technical!
Kodi will not help you get extra channels. If your PVR software (WMC, NextPVR, whatever you use) can tune it, then it can present it to Kodi. But if you can't get those channels presently, Kodi will not make them magically appear.