Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Interested in PVR & Kodi, where do i start? What do i need?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im in the UK, have Sky Fibre BB and also Sky tv Family package. Anyway of getting all this onto Kodi?

Why? well at the moment i have my sky box plugged into the back end of my Xbox one so if i want to watch live tv i have to turn tv channel over and turn on my xbox one and watch it what way. I also have my old PC which ive turned into an HTPC (Socket 775, Q9550, 8GB ddr2 Memory) Old hardware but still pretty good and ideal for an HTPC. This is also plugged into my TV. Only have 2 HDMI sockets on the tv hence why sky is in the back on my xbox one. Its just a pain in the rear end to keep puttin my XBox on and switching channels to watch live tv when i can get it on my PC and via Kodi (hopefully).

So, what do i need to get this to all work? Having a quick look online now. Any advice or tips?

I know i could get live tv via Kodi, have done in the past, not very reliable though. i wont mention the addons but i refuse to pay when im already using Sky Tv.

Anyway, looks like i need a TV Reciever / adaptor which plugs into my pc and then run a TV Aerial cable from the Sky box into the USB TV receiver in my PC. IS this correct? Is it the best way to do it and ifso can anyone recommend a PC TV Reciever thingy?