Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Deleted movies never removed from the db
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is a problem I've had since XBMC and never found a solution for. The problem is that even though I delete a movie it will still be in the database, only marked as watched. Until I delete it there will usually be two entries. I have tried updating and cleaning, but it doesn't help.

Anyone else had this problem or know what it might be? I'm running the latest version of Kodi, my movies are on a file share on my network. Everything else is local.
Quote:Until I delete it there will usually be two entries
and here in lies the problem. You probably have two paths to the same file and how you delete wasn't mentioned. Using most of Kodi's nice extra add-ons results in extra meta-dat residing in the video folder, deleting with-in Kodi just deletes the video, and not extras, so you're left with a folder of extras. Manually deleting this folder with windows explorer, and then a Kodi clean-up should result in the proper fix, unless of course you have two paths to the same file. Please check both videos with the information screen and assert the path is same/or not.
(2016-06-27, 22:10)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Until I delete it there will usually be two entries
and here in lies the problem. You probably have two paths to the same file and how you delete wasn't mentioned. Using most of Kodi's nice extra add-ons results in extra meta-dat residing in the video folder, deleting with-in Kodi just deletes the video, and not extras, so you're left with a folder of extras. Manually deleting this folder with windows explorer, and then a Kodi clean-up should result in the proper fix, unless of course you have two paths to the same file. Please check both videos with the information screen and assert the path is same/or not.

Thanks,

First - I think I found out how come the clean wasn't working as expected. I started it using the web interface. Now that I used it from within the menus of Kodi it seem to have done what it was supposed to.

Second - I think I found the reason for the double movies. It seems the excludefromlisting in advancedsettings.xml isn't doing its' job. When I deleted some sample files the doubles disappeared.
It's always our fault.. Smile Believe it or not, there are others who want your problem.