Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI crash when try to do anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hi tried to find a post with similar problems but no such luck !

I had KODI Jarvis v 16.01 installed on my Windows 10 laptop and worked well for a few months, the first problem was when i opened KODI it was hit or miss whether it loaded or not, I refreshed Kodi by using a wizard to return KODI to a fresh install state and then loaded my addons and skin, same prob, so i uninstalled KODI and re-installed.

Ever since this when i start up KODI as soon as i press any command, such as file manager KODI just hangs up, task manager tells me kodi is inactive.

Please Help !!!

Andrew A Hayes
"Refresh by a wizard" sound like you have some banned add-ons (wiki) or repos installed which would preclude any support here whilst they are in place.

If not then gather, upload and post a link to a debug log (wiki) of such an occurrence.
Quote:using a wizard
I've been looking for this guy forever.... he's responsible for many Kodi issues or so-called-magic.
stop using the banned addons from hell as excuse,i just downgrade to 15.2 and the problems are no where to be seen.

same addons as before but in jarvis errors every time in isengard not one single error
(2016-06-28, 01:52)away4all Wrote: [ -> ]stop using the banned addons from hell as excuse,i just downgrade to 15.2 and the problems are no where to be seen.

same addons as before but in jarvis errors every time in isengard not one single error

Well said. My experience exactly. Jarvis is indeed very buggy and frustrating.
Why don't you just do what DarrenHill said in post#2.
If you don't have anything useful to say regarding this problem then say NOTHING

Being a "SMARTARSE" is very easy
I strongly suggest you follow post #2 and don't be a smart ass yourself.
(2016-06-27, 21:53)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]"Refresh by a wizard" sound like you have some banned add-ons (wiki) or repos installed which would preclude any support here whilst they are in place.

If not then gather, upload and post a link to a debug log (wiki) of such an occurrence.

I don't have anything installed on my kodi that's the problem!!! when i select any option it hangs up
(2016-06-28, 01:52)away4all Wrote: [ -> ]stop using the banned addons from hell as excuse,i just downgrade to 15.2 and the problems are no where to be seen.

"banned addons from hell" please elaborate HuhHuh
(2016-06-28, 15:55)JxPx Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you just do what DarrenHill said in post#2.

As I said in my post whenever i select "ANYTHING" KODI hangs up whether i install 15.02 or 16.01
collecting a log is not possible from the KODI gui
(2016-06-28, 18:39)andr001967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-28, 15:55)JxPx Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you just do what DarrenHill said in post#2.

As I said in my post whenever i select "ANYTHING" KODI hangs up whether i install 15.02 or 16.01
collecting a log is not possible from the KODI gui
Why don't you just do what DarrenHill said in post#2.
(2016-06-28, 18:12)andr001967 Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have anything useful to say regarding this problem then say NOTHING

What if a person does have something to say regarding the issue but really doesn't like the tone of the conversation?
Or i am being a smartass, now..?

Still no debug log, i see (and no, you dont need the gui for that).
Go to the link in my first post, click on the advanced part therein and follow that. It will walk you through gathering a log without using the Kodi GUI. Then copy/paste that to Pastebin.com or XBMCLogs.com and provide here the link that they will give you (please do not copy/paste the log directly here).
(2016-06-28, 18:12)andr001967 Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have anything useful to say regarding this problem then say NOTHING

Assuming you directed that at me and not the WIZARD, I wasn't trying to be a "SMARTARSE" mate, was just trying to give you some helpful guidance so that the experienced Kodi Users on this site can give you a possible solution to your problem. Cheers!
Pages: 1 2