Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange network behaviour (SMB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, folks.
I at the moment experience a really strange behaviour on my Kodi 16.1 infused Amazon Fire TV (mk1).

- In my home network I have a NAS with some shares (Ubuntu Server based) that I can access from every device I have.

- I have an explicit firetv-user w/ UNIX and smb passwords that I also used when setting my media shares up on Kodi.

- I at all times can see the shares on Kodi - the watchdog also finds them pretty quickly.

Now the actual problem:
Access to the shares (via file list or trying to stream) is terribly slow - up until the point where I boot and log into my Windows 10-computer.
On that computer I used to have old shared folders that aren't set up on Kodi anymore (checked the sources.xml to make sure). I can even see how the caching speeds up from ultra-slow to an nearly-instant 100% when I hear/see my computer log in.
The Samba-log on the server-machine doesn't show any unusual behaviour - it correctly registers directory/file access from the firetv-user I installed. No exceptions, no errors so far.
As I have saved my share on Kodi via the netbios name I made sure my NAS is a wins server (plus DNS proxy that is my Fritz.Box router), has its netbios name set in the smb.conf, has a static IP in my network. I just don't know what's happening.

Any clues or tips? Thanks in advance. Blush
(excuse my English though - it's not my mother's tongue)