Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Forum suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey folks.

It seems some of the devs are getting pissed off because us end users are annoying. I have a suggestion...

Why not break this up into two forums, one for development discussions and one for unofficial support or chit chat or whatever you want to call it.

I am sure that there are a few of us keeners that have a bit of knowledge stored up that don't mind helping some noobs. It will take all of the support BS out of your dev forum and you won't have to worry about it anymore...

Just a thought!
I'm in.
Please god....(er pike or bizzeh, whoever is running that shit now).
Quick question!

If its an unofficial forum with no active developers what would it achieve? Other than patches etc... (maybe) which are welcome anyway.

Why not just hold back and be slightly patient? after all we do still have a fully supported and lively xbox media center still Wink

Patience is a virtue!
It's like telling the kids to go to their room c-quel. We don't have to deal with them this way.
I agree but as i dont put as many development hours in as some of the guys on the team i dont have as much right!

Plus! I'm just awaiting a "from the heart response" should we say Smile now where is that beer swilling metal head?
And who is gonna keep Spiff out of the play pen?
I'm sure he'll only go to that forum if he is in an especially bad mood. This is just something they will have to except.
Rofl
C-Quel Wrote:Quick question!

If its an unofficial forum with no active developers what would it achieve? Other than patches etc... (maybe) which are welcome anyway.

Why not just hold back and be slightly patient? after all we do still have a fully supported and lively xbox media center still Wink

Patience is a virtue!

I think you misunderstood my intent... there would be two forums:

a) developers, and development discussions ONLY. other posts deleted / posters kicked in the head for non-dev talk.

b) end-users and people that want to be bleeding edge and fool around... and don't mind entertaining questions like "why can't I build this!?" and at least sharing our experiences. it would also help to create documentation on the wiki -- for example if a lot of people are asking the same questions, obviously something needs documenting..

Aaaanyway. Hopefully we can do this! Sounds like people are pretty positive.
I think it is an excellent idea. Not for experts but just a "Hey I had that happen and this fixed it" y'know? We're an XBMC community and I think we can try to help eachother out. LEUA pronounced loo-ah or the Linux End Users Alliance!

I'll kick it off... I have an ATI X1300 gfx card. I know that Linux hates ATI for some reason (proprietary drivers etc...). ALL of the Ubuntu forums say that you can't get OpenGL direct rendering going on most ATI cards. When I run 'glxinfo' I get Direct Rendering = No. Also when I run my freshly compiled XBMC I get a segmentation fault and I'm almost postative that it is for this reason. I was able to run it after I compiled it in 2d. Woof. I need my 3d rendering. And I have tried a coupple of half-solutions and I ended up breaking my X-server Sad . So after that babble here is my question:

Has anyone gotten OpenGL 3D direct rendering working with an ATI gfx card?
And that is what is referred to as "thread jacking."
Well.. Are we starting a new thread or is this it? I wasn't trying to "thread jack"
The request is for a new FORUM. There is no sense of a single thread with everyone posting all their little bullshit in.
Oh ok. I just figured "XBMC Linux port questions" was a pretty big thread I guess I got the terms confused and thought this would be the end-users thread not forum. Disregard my little bullshit and apologies.
Pages: 1 2