Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some Blu-ray ISOs not playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a problem of some blu-ray ISO's not playing. They are connected to my NAS via SMB (I've tried using NFS as well but same problem). When clicking on the movie or in the video file section to play, nothing happens and then I will get a message "One or more items failed to play." and it asks me to get the log.

Based on the guidance I found for how to post about a problem:

1. Version of Kodi: Kodi 16.1 Git: 20160424-c327c53 Compiled April 24, 2016
2. Windows version: 10 Home
3. CPU/Architecture: Intel Core i5-6500 [email protected] 64-bit.
4. RAM: 8 GB
5. Open Kodi>Videos>Files>Blu-ray(the folder I created where the iso files are)>click on a movie to play (2 Fast 2 Furious, Back to Future, etc. will not start). However, using the same process and selecting Aliens, for example, works perfectly fine. Problem is consistent and can be fully recreated each time.
6. PC connected via 1-gigabit network switch to QNAP NAS where the files are stored using cat6 cable.
7. See Debug log at http://pastebin.com/3zXeyDH7 I tried using the preferred site of xmbclogs, but the site was not operating.

Video Card: EVGA GTX 960 SC, driver version 368.39
MediaInfo Output only shows the file size as this is an ISO.
Okay so I figured a work around! I think it has something to do with Kodi's ability to play blu-ray menus. For some discs, it cannot play their menu and finds the video to play automatically. For some it does not find the video file as easily. I changed the setting in the disc menu to simplified or play main movie and it worked great.