Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to show a movie rating in VideoFullScreen.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am changing the VideoFullScreen.xml in PMIII a little but I want to show the movie rating if it is available. I don't see a label for that here. Am I missing something?

J_K_M_A_N

Not that anyone cares but here is what I have so far. I want to change the director to movie rating.

The 3D DVD Cover looks nice.

Have you done this with the new 3dguilib functiuons rotatex rotatey?

Maybe you can publish your xml?

I am very interested ;-)
videoplayer.rating

in general there's pretty much a videoplayer one for every listitem one

feel free to update the wiki
Quote:The 3D DVD Cover looks nice.

Have you done this with the new 3dguilib functiuons rotatex rotatey?

That is just a 3d cover from mediaicons.org

Quote:videoplayer.rating

in general there's pretty much a videoplayer one for every listitem one

feel free to update the wiki

Will do. Thanks spiff!

J_K_M_A_N
I should have been more specific. I meant the MPAA rating like PG or R or whatever. I looked in the DialogVideoInfo.xml but I don't see how it displays it. Also, the labels in there say MPPA instead of MPAA in the description not that it matters but it does make it harder to do a search for. Wink

J_K_M_A_N
added @ rev 10081.

videoplayer.mpaa, listitem.mpaa

please update the wiki
Holy hell that was fast! Thanks again spiff!

J_K_M_A_N
Just out of curiosity...how DOES the DialogVideoInfo.xml display the MPAA rating? It shows a label with a '-'. How does that work? I understand the 20074 for the english strings.xl reference to display 'MPAA Rating:' but not the other part.

J_K_M_A_N
Cool thanks spiff. I was in need of this Smile
The Dialog Video Info is currently filled in by the C++ code (i.e. it works off the id). It can probably be changed at this point to use the listitem.* code instead.
Thanks for the explanation jmarshall. I thought maybe I was losing my mind. I saw some numbers and some I could figure out but I couldn't figure out where the actual text was coming from.

J_K_M_A_N
PANIC! Wrote:Maybe you can publish your xml?

I am very interested ;-)

I am also very interested if you could post the xml changes you made to your videofullscreen file.
Here is how it looks now that the MPAA rating is available (Thanks again spiff). The title and mpaa rating labels scroll if needed. Also the year only shows if it is available.

I am not sure where to post the xml file. I don't really have any storage online. Is there somewhere you can recommend?

J_K_M_A_N
Would http://pastebin.ca/ be sufficient for such a task, otherwise not sure about posting it. Would the relevant section of code be too long for one post here?
Well, I think it would be much easier to just post the whole thing. It would be much harder to explain all the changes I made. (I removed some and added some and I am not sure even what all I did)

Here is the link to the pastebin.

J_K_M_A_N
Pages: 1 2 3