Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Moovies library edition & sharing ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First, sorry about my sometime approximate english speaking/writting, I do my best.

I actually use a PopCorn Hour mediabox with NMJ software on the box, and NMJToolbox (a separate software) in my PC.

NMJ in the box is only used to display on my TV screen the content of my movies library (Covers, etc.) and start playing.

NMJToolbox in my PC serves me to scrapp my new media, and especially allows me a powerfull and total edition of each
movie record if necessary (Title, cover, film genre, synopsis, casting, etc.).

This is possible because of these important thing : NMJ on the box and NMJToolbox on my PC, share the same database library.
NMJToolbox allows to do all that NMJ can't. And these edition capabilities (especially about film genre classification) are very important for me !

So here is my question :

I'd like to get a new box which use KODI (NVidia Shield), but before buy it, I need to know if I'll be able to do the same things described above ?

Does Windows version of KODI will share his library database with the one installed on my Nvidia Shield ?

And does Windows version of KODI allows total edition of films information scrapped ?
(especially film genre : create new one, add or remove genre, individually or by file group)

IF NOT, does it exist an independant sofwtare, or an add-on, which allows that ?

Thank you by advance for answers Smile
Most of your questions can be answered in the wiki's (links above left)

Your questions in order:

1) Depends on your expectations: https://kodi.tv/about/

2) Kodi can share databases between devices

3) Kodi is very flexible. So yes.

4) Many add-ons,

5) Most uneeded but add functionality

Nvidia Shield TV with remote is a good choice.