Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have had a kodi box for a while but am having difficulty updating it. Does anyone know if there are their restrictions to the internet that stop me downloading the kodi add ons or any others as I have been told that virgin are blocking this and only virgin and sky do this.
Without wanting to sound suspicious to a newcomer (welcome, by the way), I presume you've made yourself familiar with the forum rules (wiki), specifically those to do with the piracy policy and banned add-ons (wiki)?

Assuming that you have, and that you're using 100% legitimate addons (I'm suspicious because piracy is the main use of many "kodi boxes" - Kodi doesn't do hardware), then there's no reason why anyone would block them. What addons are you talking about, then, and from where (i.e. how are you trying to download them)?
As the Prof mentions, Kodi is software (not a box) and updates shouldn't be a problem if your box has the hardware to handle the update... ah; and there in is the rub. Most of these cheap boxes are stuck in version they arrived and the mud created from users trying ever so hard to update is legend and fills volumes.