Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI Crashes When Editing Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I recently had to re-install Windows 10 so I decided to do a completely fresh install of KODI, updating to 16.1 from Isengard. I have had a few issues with artwork populating very slowly but I can live with that. My main issue is that I need to do a certain amount of tidying up & when I try to edit a title of a movie (or TV show) KODI crashes. When I re-start the title has been changed but it's obviously not something I can live with if I have to do any editing. Log below;

http://pastebin.com/B2D2r4MG

Sorry for the pastebin but I have tried to use the 'Kodi Log Uploader' & it keeps failing giving me "uploader error".

Hope you can help?

Thanks,

Martin
Further to my first post, more testing reveals any type of datbase entry management including changing fanart causes a crash. I know no-one has replied & I shouldn't bump posts but I was wondering if I had given enough info to get an reply or is it something new that nobody knows how to fix?

My graphics card is pretty old, an Nvidia GEForce 7300 SE & the processor is wheezing a bit, an AMD Sempron 3500+ 2Ghz with 4GB RAM (3GB usable).

I hope that this is enough info? I really don't want to roll back to 15.2
Most of the errors eluded to URL failures... smacks of add-ons. I'm hoping that you at one point in the life of Kodi you have exported to separate files and a rebuild would clean all this mess up. My suggestion at this point would be to do a virgin install. The process as follows.

1) delete or rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
2) delete or rename C:\Users\MartinKnowles\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
3) re-install from scratch... set your sources & scraper (local information only)
4) re-scan
5) switch scraper back to your preferred source, don't rescan unless needed.

Enjoy. This will re-establish your library meta-data in consecutive order, and clear up all those reluctant images. re: crashing on titles should be gone, the rebuild should take care of that. All of this sounds like a bit of corruption has crept into your last build.
Thank you for your response, I will do exactly as you have suggested. I had a few add-ons such as NASA, PBS, Classic Cinema, Music Video Jukebox but I have now removed them only keeping the iplayer add-on (v.useful in the UK).