Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: thumbnail view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To whom it may concern,
I have seen several posts in other forums, where people are continually asking for a way to set the "thumbnail" view as default for the entire program. So I am flabbergasted to find that nothing is being done about this. It is ridiculous to have to reset every single page you visit, again and again, and again. There needs to be a setting choice, where by we can choose which default view we wish to have in every single window that we open, without having to do it manually every time. Going into settings/appearance/skin/settings, would be a good place to implement this. Please make this happen, so that this Kodi interphase is a lot more user friendly. Because as it is, it is a complaint machine. Thank you for all of your help with this matter.
Go into settings/appearance/skin/settings/view options/disable all views except for thumbnails.
(2016-07-02, 06:06)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Go into settings/appearance/skin/settings/view options/disable all views except for thumbnails.

thanks for the reply, but it isn't that easy. going to settings/appearance/skin/settings, there is no view options. and i've been through every settings menu, and there is way to enable or disable different views. i truly wish it was that easy...
I don't remember if confluence is able to select different view type. For sure other skins have this possibility implemented.
Assuming you are using confluence!
Peppe
Quote:i truly wish it was that easy...
Try the skin Transparency! and you'll be a believer.
(2016-07-02, 15:40)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:i truly wish it was that easy...
Try the skin Transparency! and you'll be a believer.

i have a great setup. i've never seen a better one from all the vids i've looked at. I use pulse ccm build, with ares addon, and Xonfluency skin. my setup is beautiful, and it works flawlessly. the only problem i have is the last step, which is trying to get all windows to automatically open in thumbnail view. i really hate list view. i have tried going into the xml files and physically editing those files to force thumbnail view, but it still doesn't do it for all windows. so i am looking for a way to make that happen.
Perhaps you might want to check out T! then download the source.... tease out the code you need, and insert into Xonfluency for the solve. Your initial message seemed to put pressure on Kodi and why nothing has been done, and in reality it's the skin you have. Not sure if the new default skin in Krypton would be the solve, but it looks pretty good and maybe you need something new?
(2016-07-02, 21:25)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you might want to check out T! then download the source.... tease out the code you need, and insert into Xonfluency for the solve. Your initial message seemed to put pressure on Kodi and why nothing has been done, and in reality it's the skin you have. Not sure if the new default skin in Krypton would be the solve, but it looks pretty good and maybe you need something new?

well, first of all, i started trying to find a solution to this problem well before changing to custom skins. and second, excuse me if i'm wrong, but if kodi had a common simple setting to control the view of all windows, don't you think that would be included, and accessible from any skin?
Your issue is in the skin, some skins behave properly and do not exhibit this misbehaviour, I pointed at a possible solution/s. Kodi is just the base engine for the media player and operation of the rest is up to skinners or people who want to write their own (you might appeal to the author of Xonfluency and see if he'll put in a fix for you), otherwise stick to the default and your issues will be addressed (Kyrpton is your best bet, the devs are all over it).
That's changing the default view for all basic "directory" type add-ons, though, right? Not a per-add-on solution?