Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with Playlist Widget
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I am loving the Titan skin so far, but I have encountered one issue while using UPNP to share my library on my home network. It might be a limitation of UPNP sharing in general, but I thought I’d ask.

So I have my room computer where all my movies are stored locally, and on that kodi setup I have used Titan to set a homescreen widget to show My Smart Playlist that I created. The widget works perfectly: it is sorted by Last Played (just as I created it the playlist to be) and if I press enter on one of the movie thumbnails that are in the widget on the homescreen, that movie will start to play.

My problem comes when I stream my library via UPNP to my kitchen computer. If I use Titan to create the same My Smart Playlist widget on the kitchen computer (by going to UPNP sources, videos, playlists, My Smart Playlist), the selected playlist will show up perfectly in the homescreen widget, but when I press enter or click on the movie thumbnails that are part of that playlist widget, nothing happens. They do not play like they would on my room computer.

Also, the kitchen computer widget does not update the progress percentage if I start and stop a movie that appears in the Smart Playlist widget. It also doesn’t update the Last Played ordering of the Smart Playlist widget if I play an older movie (i.e., the older movie should jump up to the Last Played position on the widget if I start and stop the movie, but it doesn’t).

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Is this not a limitation of the Titan skin, but rather of UPNP sharing in general? If so, is using an SQL server the only way to solve my problem?