Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ASS/SSA Subtitles not being overridden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Kodi 16.1 Git:c327c53 on Ubuntu 16.04, I am no longer able to override embedded ASS/SSA fonts.

I have the setting enabled, but it is not using the chosen font. I was able to do this on my previous distro on the same machine (Ubuntu 15.10). And probably an older version of Kodi, but I don't know which version.

Overriding font for external subs works, such as with .srt files. No matter what font is used, and regardless of whether the box is checked or not, ASS/SSA fonts do not change. Using the default Arial.ttf or a custom font doesn't change results either.

I've included a debug log, it shows that other embedded are being used instead of the selected font, alte-haas-grotesk.bold.ttf.

https://gist.github.com/phantom-voltage/...10c23c41de
I recently tried reinstalling Kodibuntu 14.04 and the overrides were working in Kodi 16.1.

When I did a release upgrade to 16.04, the overrides weren't working anymore. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the libass package being upgraded.

EDIT:
Just tested Kodi 16.1 on my Arch machine, same issue with embedded ass/ssa fonts in the MKV not being overridden.