Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Non-linear stretch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Doesn't seem to be working for me.

I've tried it on 14.2, 16.0 and the new 17.0 alpha but nothing changes in the video at all.
bump.

is there something special you have to do to use this?
bump...
Check the Player Settings. Thereʻs an option that says "Display 4:3 video as" with one of the options being non-linear stretch. I just checked with some 4:3 content, and that setting works fine. Itʻs worth noting that if youʻre 4:3 content is actually 16:9 with black bars embedded in the video file, then thereʻs nothing Kodi can do it crop out of the black bars and then stretch it. Stretch only works in the content is actual 4:3.
yeah that's the setting i have on.

there isn't any difference between non linear and regular stretching.

and no there are no black bars on the video file.
This settings depends on the platform. Only implemented for X11 and OSX, platforms that uses OpenGL. No idea why you asked this in platform independent section of the forum
(2017-01-08, 23:48)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]This settings depends on the platform. Only implemented for X11 and OSX, platforms that uses OpenGL. No idea why you asked this in platform independent section of the forum

well its in the settings menu, i figured anything in there is for everything.

and i'm using it on windows 7.
(2017-01-08, 23:48)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]Only implemented for X11 and OSX, platforms that uses OpenGL.
What does this exactly mean?

I am running Kodi 16.1 on an Intel NUC and Win 8.1 pro, but I never managed to get it done.

(and surprisingly you don't find a lot of threads dealing this feature)
That means that non-linear stretch is not available on Windows. Looks like devs missed it to hide this setting for the platforms it is not implemented.
(2017-01-09, 00:20)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]That means that non-linear stretch is not available on Windows. Looks like devs missed it to hide this setting for the platforms it is not implemented.

why are other platforms able to do it but not windows?

i mean its not like windows can't use opengl as well...
(2017-01-09, 00:20)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]That means that non-linear stretch is not available on Windows. Looks like devs missed it to hide this setting for the platforms it is not implemented.

Is there somewhere we should report this, or are you putting something in?
For the incorrectly displayed setting you could file a bug please.
shogunreaper, because windows uses d3d and nobody wrote this shit in the d3d11 shaders.
(2017-01-09, 09:18)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]For the incorrectly displayed setting you could file a bug please.

submitted to Trac.
(2017-01-09, 11:05)ironic_monkey Wrote: [ -> ]shogunreaper, because windows uses d3d

why?
Pages: 1 2