Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: External player message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I am pretty new to Kodi. I have an Android TV running Android 4.4.4 API L19. Kodi V. 14.2.

I am now getting an External Player Active message. Whilst I did not intentionally add anything, I have recently changed skins to Aeon Nox. I run Xunity maintenance to delete the cache. In Aeon Nox skin, it isn't clear which icon is delete cache and I appear to have pressed install all addons. I have subsequently learnt in my research that I perhaps should not use Xunity, but it was preinstalled.

After looking online, I can't find a suitable solution. I have managed to change the skin back to confluence. I think I was running a dodgy Aeon Nox skin as I could not access the appearance option.

Is there a simple way to deactivate or delete additional media players?

Thanks for any help..
If it was pre installed then you're probably running all sorts of junk, and not using the official build from us here. We don't support anyone elses builds here except those by team members, and those don't come with junk like that pre installed.

You might want to review what you have and perhaps consider a clean reinstall of the official Kodi build (or SPMC by Koying as you're on Android).
Thanks for the reply. KODI was alien to me, a friend recommended a unit to buy so I bought it. I'm learning useful info now. Do you recommend I uninstall and start again? Is it a matter of simply installing from Google play?

Thanks again.
Can you give details of your hardware? Sometimes they have specifically tweaked versions from the maker of their firmware or hardware needs some help.

But generally yes, if you have the play store just clear out what you have and reinstall from there (either Kodi or SPMC).
Ok, I've wiped clean and reinstalled. We are now functioning again. Thank you!