Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screensaver "stars"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

where do I find or where can I download the screensaver "stars"?

Kodi for windows brings the screensaver per default. In libreelec I can't find it. Googled for it, but can't find it.

Greetings Hoppel
(2016-07-08, 21:33)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

where do I find or where can I download the screensaver "stars"?

Kodi for windows brings the screensaver per default. In libreelec I can't find it. Googled for it, but can't find it.

Greetings Hoppel

Don't know anything about a "stars" screensaver - but you could always use VideoScreensaver with one of the "Space" screensavers - not exactly the same - but close.

Thanks
Rob
Can't you just locate it on your Windows machine and then copy it to your libreelec machine?
Yes, maybe. Good idea! Where can i find all the relevant files for screensavers?
(2016-10-10, 02:30)Sjors125 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you just locate it on your Windows machine and then copy it to your libreelec machine?

no, its a binary addon and Windows binaries don't work on linux.
Here is the repo https://github.com/notspiff/screensaver.stars

To use it on LE, you have to add it to LEs build system and rebuild LE.
Or you ask Millhouse to include it in his builds.
Ok, I have an Odroid c2 and the build is from @wrxtasy.

Thanks for the information.
"Stars" has always been my default screensaver until Kodi 19. Recently updated to v20 and found out, that it is not working/incompatible with Nexus. Any chance this screensaver addon will be fixed to work with the latest version?