Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Almost there but no record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New RPi 3
LibreElec installed perfectly
Installed TVHeadend/pvr from within KODI
Went to the IP addr of my PI plus the port # and got the TVHeadend config page.
Went step by step and TVHeadend found my HDHomerun Extend tuner and scanned for all the channels.
Everything seemed to match up with a YT video showing this configuration.

Now have the TVHeadend client running in KODI and can watch the Live OTA channels, scan through the Guide and launch a show from the Guide but I see no start record button and selecting Record from the dialog box you get when you click on a show in the future, seems to do nothing. Going back to the guide seems to indicate no shows set to record. Clicking on Timers of course shows no timers.

I have rebooted the Pi quite a few times but still no record function.

I obviously missed a step as everything else seems to be working perfectly.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
You did not say what you are using for your guide data, but if you follow this lnk, you will see how edit4ever got zap2it to run on your PI running LibreELEC. I think if you install his addon your problem will be solved.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267022
Did you set your recording destination on the config page?
Also, since you are running the server on your PI, you will have to mount an external drive or as in my case a directory (that I created) on my Synology NAS. Since I have little to none, knowledge of Linux, it took me a while to figure out how to create the mount point for my NAS. I had a lot of help from people on different forums.
clarkss12, I left the recording destination at the default "/storage/recordings" as my recordings should not take up a lot of storage as at most they will remain for 1 day.

However, if I can figure out how to direct it to my NAS [Which KODI can see] that would be perfect. I just added a new configuration with the mapping to my NAS but probably it is not that simple.

Also, when setting up the Client I could not seem to find anyway to open a Configuration dialog which contained network and recording path option as there were just 4 enable/disable type dialog boxes. I thought there should have been something that defaulted to 127.0.0.1 or something like that but I never saw on.

Regarding the EPG, the one displayed in the KODI client was simply the one generated by HD Homerun Extend for the OTA channels.

I'll check out the addon you suggested.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
Are you running windows? If so, you can see your LibreELEC in your network places. From there you can see all the files and folders, including your configfiles folder. In that folder you have some of your settings folders. This makes it easier to configure your tvheadend settings, rather than using "putty".
Here are the notes I made to myself in order to set the recordings to my NAS.

The easy way to mount NAS,
1. open windows explorer, go to openELEC in network directory
2. copy "autostart.sh" file into the root of configfiles directory.
3. go to system.d folder from Configfiles folder.
4. copy and paste storage-myrecordings.mount
5. copy and paste storage-recordings.mount

6. reboot OpenELEC box.
7. open putty and paste this into the root of OpenELEC.
systemctl >> systemctl enable storage-myrecordings.mount

8. Under the recording profile in the web browser use this for the recording path
/storage/myrecordings

all there is to it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
all autostart.sh is, is a text file with this code.
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.74:/volume1/myrecordings /storage/myrecordings -o rw,nolock

echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
all the storage-myrecordings.mount is, is a text file with this

[Unit]
Description=test nfs mount
Requires=network-online.service
After=network-online.service
Before=kodi.service
#Before=xbmc.service

[Mount]
#enter in the share and place it will mount to
What=192.168.1.74:/volume1/myrecordings
Where=/storage/myrecordings
Options=
Type=nfs

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
clarkss12 thanks so much for the detailed instructions. I just solved the No Record problem [major dumb operator error]

If these instructions work for LibreElec [notice all the references to OpenElec] they should be very helpful.

Thanks again my friend.
Yes, these instructions will work for LibreELEC. I am using LibreELEC on my $30 Android stick now for my tvheadend server.
Have to get back on this. As over the weekend every channel would just display color garbage usually in a vertical format and occasionally show a live image but a lot of buffering.

Don't know if I did something in the TVHeadend/Backend config or what but the HD HomeRun tuner has to be sent back to Silicon Dust for issues they felt were caused by the Tuner [not these by the way or maybe it just got worse.]

Once I get the tuner back, I'll revisit this.

Thanks a bunch guys.