Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me where is the export folder when you export the channel mapping

Thanks
(2017-02-17, 16:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 15:46)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see if any of you guys can come up with a solution for this.
In the uk, we have sky movie channels. Some of the channels change their names for a month or so (sky greats become sky star wars and then goes back to sky greats). I could leave it just as sky greats, but I like the guide to be accurate. I have no problem getting the listings, logo and changing the channel name (in the xmltv file), the problem I have is the channel will not appear in the categories under movies, if I change the channel name.
Now I know I can just add it each time they change, or I could create a separate channel and just hide it, and unhide the channel when the name changes, but I am setting this up for my dad as well, who lives elsewhere, and I'm setting it up so he can just use it, without having to change things.
Anyone have any ideas about this?

The easiest way to have complete control over a remote device is to add the stream url for the channel into the xmltv channel element. That has been possible since the original TV Guide and should work in all of them.
eg
Code:
<channel id="BBC News">
  <display-name lang="en">BBC News</display-name>
  <url>http://www.tvguide.co.uk</url>
  <stream>http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/simulcast/hls/uk/abr_hdtv/ak/bbc_news24.m3u8</stream></channel>
You can also force the channel mapping remotely by making a mapping file or m3u in Settings \ Optional.

It has happened again, but I think I know where the issue is, just want confirmation before I change things my end,
In my guide.xml, I have set the channel id to be the channel number, so I only change the display name. Is this why it is not staying in the category? If so, I will change back to channel id being the channel name, and setup channel numbers in the settings instead
(2017-02-22, 08:01)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 16:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 15:46)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see if any of you guys can come up with a solution for this.
In the uk, we have sky movie channels. Some of the channels change their names for a month or so (sky greats become sky star wars and then goes back to sky greats). I could leave it just as sky greats, but I like the guide to be accurate. I have no problem getting the listings, logo and changing the channel name (in the xmltv file), the problem I have is the channel will not appear in the categories under movies, if I change the channel name.
Now I know I can just add it each time they change, or I could create a separate channel and just hide it, and unhide the channel when the name changes, but I am setting this up for my dad as well, who lives elsewhere, and I'm setting it up so he can just use it, without having to change things.
Anyone have any ideas about this?

The easiest way to have complete control over a remote device is to add the stream url for the channel into the xmltv channel element. That has been possible since the original TV Guide and should work in all of them.
eg
Code:
<channel id="BBC News">
  <stream>http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/simulcast/hls/uk/abr_hdtv/ak/bbc_news24.m3u8</stream></channel>
You can also force the channel mapping remotely by making a mapping file or m3u in Settings \ Optional.

It has happened again, but I think I know where the issue is, just want confirmation before I change things my end,
In my guide.xml, I have set the channel id to be the channel number, so I only change the display name. Is this why it is not staying in the category? If so, I will change back to channel id being the channel name, and setup channel numbers in the settings instead

The channel categories filtering is based on the name of the channel.

If you change its name add the new name to
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\categories.ini
by hand or by adding it to a category in the guide.

It probably should have been by id but it's not.
(2017-02-22, 03:24)sbougie Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone tell me where is the export folder when you export the channel mapping

Thanks

It ends up here:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls.ini

Most things end up in the addon data folder.
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen
(2017-02-22, 10:13)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-22, 08:01)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 16:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The easiest way to have complete control over a remote device is to add the stream url for the channel into the xmltv channel element. That has been possible since the original TV Guide and should work in all of them.
eg
Code:
<channel id="BBC News">

The channel categories filtering is based on the name of the channel.

If you change its name add the new name to
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\categories.ini
by hand or by adding it to a category in the guide.

It probably should have been by id but it's not.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll revert back to channel id being channel name
Hi, could you assist me with the timezone offset of the channels please?
I'm grabbing the EPG data myself and in my xmltv file, the offset seems correct after I set it up in the ini file.
for example - <programme start="20170225020500 +0200" stop="20170225040000 +0200" channel="Sky ActionUK">

But no matter what I do the TV Guide Fullscreen doesn't take this into consideration. Is there something I can do?
Thank you in advance
(2017-02-25, 15:02)Mimomaj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, could you assist me with the timezone offset of the channels please?
I'm grabbing the EPG data myself and in my xmltv file, the offset seems correct after I set it up in the ini file.
for example - <programme start="20170225020500 +0200" stop="20170225040000 +0200" channel="Sky ActionUK">

But no matter what I do the TV Guide Fullscreen doesn't take this into consideration. Is there something I can do?
Thank you in advance
I don't think the guide reads the time offset. Assuming you are using Webgrab++ you can use WG2MP to correct the xml file, this might help solve the problem. See here http://www.webgrabplus.com/download/utility/wg2mp
(2017-02-25, 15:15)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-25, 15:02)Mimomaj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, could you assist me with the timezone offset of the channels please?

Thank you in advance
I don't think the guide reads the time offset. Assuming you are using Webgrab++ you can use WG2MP to correct the xml file, this might help solve the problem. See here http://www.webgrabplus.com/download/utility/wg2mp

It does take the offset into consideration in parseXMLTVDate.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...e.py#L1814
But there can be a lot of conversions going on depending on where the tv guide provider is based and where kodi and webgrab think you are.
@primaeval great to see you back. I am a using 0.0.306 as I see no need for me to update.

One feature I don't understand is the Background Update? What does it update? I was hoping it would update the EPG but I don't believe it does. I have to have EPG download 1 days info at each start of the guide as it is a safe way to ensure that anyone using it can just go back into the guide to make it download again. I use just one day as it's the quickest. I am using Schedules Direct.

Anyway does Background Update - update the EPG? because that would be handy.

Regards

DRT
(2017-02-26, 13:08)Drt1989 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval great to see you back. I am a using 0.0.306 as I see no need for me to update.

One feature I don't understand is the Background Update? What does it update? I was hoping it would update the EPG but I don't believe it does. I have to have EPG download 1 days info at each start of the guide as it is a safe way to ensure that anyone using it can just go back into the guide to make it download again. I use just one day as it's the quickest. I am using Schedules Direct.

Anyway does Background Update - update the EPG? because that would be handy.

Regards

DRT

version 0.0.315
- Schedules Direct background update fix
- MySearch will first look for \userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\favourites.xml

Thanks.

This should fix Schedules Direct background updates. I tested it with the update on login option and that worked.
Some of the other providers might not work either. xmltv and tvguide.co.uk seem to be alright.

If you use MySearch you can use your own version of the favourites.xml file in the addon_data folder.
If the guide finds it it will use that rather than the one in the addon resources folder.
Hi

Massive thanks to @primaeval for the addon and all the work involved - keeps getting better and better!

Can anyone point me in the direction of an online xmltv file to use with the addon please? Keep getting a blank screen with the thaisatelite one?

Thanks for reading and any help would be much appreciated Big Grin

Danny
(2016-07-10, 17:29)unlocKing Wrote: [ -> ]AMAZING WORK!!!!

So easy to link channels from any addon to use with the EPG.

Cool Cool Cool

Unfortunately on my system, the addon browser do not work at all. Under the "addon" tab, not even a single addon is listed. The only way to connect addon streams is to first add the stream to KODI as favourite. Then in the EPG connect the stream from there. I have no idea what I have done wrong.
(2017-03-03, 15:51)kmengvik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-10, 17:29)unlocKing Wrote: [ -> ]AMAZING WORK!!!!

So easy to link channels from any addon to use with the EPG.

Cool Cool Cool

Unfortunately on my system, the addon browser do not work at all. Under the "addon" tab, not even a single addon is listed. The only way to connect addon streams is to first add the stream to KODI as favourite. Then in the EPG connect the stream from there. I have no idea what I have done wrong.

There won't be anything in the Addons tab until you add some addons. Wink

In the next tab Browse find an addon folder with live tv channels then press Add Folder.
That will add all the streams in the folder to a file called addons.ini in your addon_data folder.
The next time you open Stream Setup the channels should be in the Addons tab.
If the streams match your xmltv channels you should get a chance to choose one when you play a channel.
your addons database may be corrupt. Time for a wipe
(2017-03-03, 15:55)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]There won't be anything in the Addons tab until you add some addons. Wink

In the next tab Browse find an addon folder with live tv channels then press Add Folder.
That will add all the streams in the folder to a file called addons.ini in your addon_data folder.
The next time you open Stream Setup the channels should be in the Addons tab.
If the streams match your xmltv channels you should get a chance to choose one when you play a channel.

Thank you for ultimate fast response. However, this way also fail, as I seem to be unable to browse folders. At the bottom of the "browse" tab I find the button "add folder". By clicking here I get a dialog proposing the following two options: "default" and "alternative streaming method". Then nothing again..