Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-04-07, 10:27)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-07, 10:15)retrorat2410 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks primaeval this looks really great. where can I find more information on just categories formation and multiple names for the same channel listing EG BBC1 SD & BBC1 HD but BBC1 Scotland should not be included.
Thanks once again for your work.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for.

You can set up Alternative Streams for channels in Stream Setup. You can have BBC One with a default stream of BBC1 HD and an alternative stream of BBC1 SD.

Channel Categories are for grouping channels like Sport, Kids etc. You could have one for BBC if you want.

In the Channels dialog you can hide channels you don't want to see.

I run my own simple guide nothing fancy just click and play there are about 8 settings that can be changed thats it.lol , but would love to add categories to it , as for the channel selection I am running my xml with 3 BBC 1 channels as I have SD HQ and HD version from a single addon, but would like to just have one and it brings up the 3 alternatives. This was a fork of Iv** over 2 years ago when Richard help me set it up. it has not changed much from then till now and works well but want to add these 2 features to it.
(2017-04-07, 10:41)retrorat2410 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-07, 10:27)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-07, 10:15)retrorat2410 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks primaeval this looks really great. where can I find more information on just categories formation and multiple names for the same channel listing EG BBC1 SD & BBC1 HD but BBC1 Scotland should not be included.
Thanks once again for your work.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for.

You can set up Alternative Streams for channels in Stream Setup. You can have BBC One with a default stream of BBC1 HD and an alternative stream of BBC1 SD.

Channel Categories are for grouping channels like Sport, Kids etc. You could have one for BBC if you want.

In the Channels dialog you can hide channels you don't want to see.

I run my own simple guide nothing fancy just click and play there are about 8 settings that can be changed thats it.lol , but would love to add categories to it , as for the channel selection I am running my xml with 3 BBC 1 channels as I have SD HQ and HD version from a single addon, but would like to just have one and it brings up the 3 alternatives. This was a fork of Iv** over 2 years ago when Richard help me set it up. it has not changed much from then till now and works well but want to add these 2 features to it.

There was a lot of code, time and effort that made the Categories work. It is not something I want to revisit. Good luck if you want to try adding it to your guide. Smile
Lol No worry thanks for your help.
version 0.17.331
- Settings \ Playback \ Use highest bandwidth stream from m3u url (Krypton+ fix)

Here is an experiment for you to try if you are using Krypton and experiencing long delays starting HLS streams.

The code that made Jarvis load HLS streams quickly was taken out of Krypton and is not coming back.
It might get fixed in ffmpeg if we are lucky.
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17422

This new option will try and replicate some of the Jarvis speed.
It will only work on direct channel urls to m3u8 hls streams, not through addons.
It reads the m3u8 and picks the highest bandwidth stream before trying to play it.
The normal behaviour is to pass the original url to ffmpeg which can take 10+ seconds to work out which sub-stream to play.
Hello @primaeval, there is an update notification 0.17.320a, but does not update, even uninstalling 0.17.320.
(2017-04-08, 20:19)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @primaeval, there is an update notification 0.17.320a, but does not update, even uninstalling 0.17.320.
That's because there's a later version, 0.17.331. If you wait a while & check for updates you will be able to update to 331.
(2017-04-08, 20:19)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @primaeval, there is an update notification 0.17.320a, but does not update, even uninstalling 0.17.320.

Thanks. I think the kids must have distracted me earlier.
Try now. It should give you 0.17.331 on Krypton+, 0.0.330 on Jarvis.
I made an experimental Windows Krypton Setup build earlier that has the code that Jarvis has to speed up starting HLS streams.
The post and link to the release and source code is here if you are interested.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2565924
It is very unlikely to get officially released as FernetMenta thinks it should be fixed in ffmpeg, so don't hold your breath.
One last new thing from me today.
Here is a little addon to speed up Kodi Skins by setting all the animation times to zero.
It's in the repo as Skin Tightener.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311660
Thanks @FXB78, @primaeval.
Its OK now. Updated to 0.17.331.
@primaeval, when using latest nightly builds of Leia (Currently #0408) and with recent switch back to HLS streams for iplayer www addon via TV Guide Fullscreen; I have been noticing that when I switch for example from BBC one streaming to BBC two streaming that I completely loose video and have black screen (can hear the audio)

If I then use tab key on keyboard to switch into Fullscreen mode, video/audio playback is OK (Well it was ok in following log instance)

Kodi debug log

Lines of interest in log are between 3444 OnKey: Select, 6596 OnKey: Fullscreen, 7985 OnKey:Stop

Appreciate issue could be related to ongoing code change activities within Leia builds, but thought useful to mention here.
(2017-04-09, 12:35)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval, when using latest nightly builds of Leia (Currently #0408) and with recent switch back to HLS streams for iplayer www addon via TV Guide Fullscreen; I have been noticing that when I switch for example from BBC one streaming to BBC two streaming that I completely loose video and have black screen (can hear the audio)

If I then use tab key on keyboard to switch into Fullscreen mode, video/audio playback is OK (Well it was ok in following log instance)

Kodi debug log

Lines of interest in log are between 3444 OnKey: Select, 6596 OnKey: Fullscreen, 7985 OnKey:Stop

Appreciate issue could be related to ongoing code change activities within Leia builds, but thought useful to mention here.

I don't know about your Galaxy but that sort of problem can be caused by the media codec surface acceleration kodi setting or whatever its called. Turn it off and try again. I had lots of problems with that on android boxes.
(2017-04-09, 13:29)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about your Galaxy but that sort of problem can be caused by the media codec surface acceleration kodi setting or whatever its called. Turn it off and try again. I had lots of problems with that on android boxes.
Using rpi2 with latest video player, so not clear what underlying video codec settings option your refering too?

However your right about me being on a different Galaxy with Leia installed on my rpi2 Wink
(2017-04-09, 13:49)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-09, 13:29)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about your Galaxy but that sort of problem can be caused by the media codec surface acceleration kodi setting or whatever its called. Turn it off and try again. I had lots of problems with that on android boxes.
Using rpi2 with latest video player, so not clear what underlying video codec settings option your refering too?

However your right about me being on a different Galaxy with Leia installed on my rpi2 Wink

It all depends on what hardware acceleration parameters are available. They should be in Kodi \ System \ Player \ Videos \ Processing. They are in Krypton on Windows anyway.
@Tycoo if he reads here. Nice work bud. I know how much time you spent on your skin. primaeval provided us with so many ids you feel like a kid in a candy store. I ran your skin once to see it in action and never will again as i don't want to infringe on your aesthetic; i'm just going to look at it from a notepad++ standpoint. I went by hand and took every id from gui.py and added it to the respective skin xml so i think i have every possible id and function from his end. I'm adding all your ids and changes without a hitch so far and was going to leave 5200 alone as your playground. At y 690 and x 0 i have markers for 2 mouse controls, the action bar and menu bar (mouse extras) that are available in the mainscreen and OSD. I threw player controls (stop, play, etc) in the menu bar along with a cat toggle. Anything you can toggle is at y 690. This hides alot of clutter and gives you access to the player controls from anywhere if somethings playing. When inside the osd, i have it bring up the OSD mouse controls when you focus x 500 - 700. Besides that i think our only differences are the layout. I added controls into groups in the xmls with a little extra tagging and everything is so much more logical to browse when toggling the folds. The hidden buttons are the drunken Lindsey Lohan of the xmls that will be different with each skin so this an important change imo. I was renaming a clear png to do this haha. In the next day i'll be done merging the changes and we will have a little standardization. I think media pngs should be left untouched, custom button pngs in buttons, and i put custom background pngs in backgrounds. You use the flags directory and if i remember correctly you can't as it will default to the Kodi skin flags in 17 (flag without the s in Confluence). I renamed it codecflags and the problem went away. With fonts i don't know if a custom title_10 alternative is useful but it could be added. Also i steal the id from the catbar colour to colour my timebar header. In the menu we could have an id for the background png from the main menu as the popup menu background too. For the mainscreen i found you can use ids from the osd of the current playing channel once one is playing like in the screenshot (don't mind the invisible button). I also like how i format the time durations. The last thing i noticed is that (in my case) i can toggle the position of the descriptions and EPG columns if you change the 2 y axis and group them accordingly. The position of the videowindow is a pain though. Keep up the good work and imo what you did with the skin is the pure essence of what Kodi is all about.