Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks, got it. I should have been able to figure this out. I have started reading thru all the threads.
i'm getting "error can't load" message.

in the log:
Code:
00:19:59.296 T:5156   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
00:19:59.296 T:5156   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\source.py", line 360, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:     for item in self.source.getDataFromExternal(date, ch_list, progress_callback):
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\source.py", line 1800, in getDataFromExternal
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:     for v in chain(self.getDataFromExternal2(self.xmltvFile, date, ch_list, progress_callback)):
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\source.py", line 1921, in parseXMLTV
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:     language = elem.find("title").get("lang")
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

i am using zap2xml/tvguide and exits after around 10-20% scanned.

xml cmdline i'm using.
zap2xml.exe -z -d 7 -n 2 -D -F -I -U -o F:\NVR\epg.xml
(2017-04-18, 06:25)scub Wrote: [ -> ]i'm getting "error can't load" message.

in the log:
Code:
00:19:59.296 T:5156   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
00:19:59.296 T:5156   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\source.py", line 360, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:     for item in self.source.getDataFromExternal(date, ch_list, progress_callback):
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\source.py", line 1800, in getDataFromExternal
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:     for v in chain(self.getDataFromExternal2(self.xmltvFile, date, ch_list, progress_callback)):
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\source.py", line 1921, in parseXMLTV
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR:     language = elem.find("title").get("lang")
00:19:59.297 T:5156   ERROR: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

i am using zap2xml/tvguide and exits after around 10-20% scanned.

xml cmdline i'm using.
zap2xml.exe -z -d 7 -n 2 -D -F -I -U -o F:\NVR\epg.xml

There is something wrong with the way zap2xml encodes unicode characters.
I can't find the post about it but it might be the -U flag.

[EDIT] Also have a look at the -e and -E options. Run the output file through an online xml verifier.
Probably another dumb question but I can't figure it out.

I created a news category and it shows up next to all channels at top of main menu. I don't know how to load it and when I click on all channels or news all channels are in both.

Thanks Rocko
(2017-04-18, 22:32)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Probably another dumb question but I can't figure it out.

I created a news category and it shows up next to all channels at top of main menu. I don't know how to load it and when I click on all channels or news all channels are in both.

Thanks Rocko

You have to Add Channels to your new Category or it will show you all the channels when you select it.
Add Channels is on the right click context menu for each category.

[EDIT] The button called Categories in the CatBar skin is for the Program Categories not the Channel Categories. All Channels and after are Channel Categories.
Ive been messing with your tv guide and its amazing work! Just a quick question is there any way of preventing the epg from automatically saving the channel url? Basically I want to know if i can have the epg look to the url to the .ini file on every start and adding the new updated channels every startup just like it does for the xmltv file, and not rely on the old auto saved links, hope that makes sense, keep up the great work as well!!
(2017-04-19, 08:05)future124mix124 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been messing with your tv guide and its amazing work! Just a quick question is there any way of preventing the epg from automatically saving the channel url? Basically I want to know if i can have the epg look to the url to the .ini file on every start and adding the new updated channels every startup just like it does for the xmltv file, and not rely on the old auto saved links, hope that makes sense, keep up the great work as well!!

There are a couple of ways to override the Channel Mappings on every startup at the bottom of the Settings \ Optional section.
You can use a standard m3u file or a simple ini file:
id=stream
The channel names need to be the xmltv ids not names.

You can also subscribe to a remote addons.ini or several m3u files to populate the addons.ini file. Again at the the top of Settings \ Optional.

If you want to choose the channel every time press P Play or map up another Action to "PLAY_CHOOSE" in the Settings \ Lab1 \ Action Editor.
Great thanks, ill try that out right now its been driving me crazy lol, you rock!
I mapped another option and it worked perfectly. Thank you once again sir, like i said i was going crazy and you solved it for me, my hat goes off to you kind sir!
so I tried to replicate what i did on pc to android, but having no luck, this is what i used for pc to refresh the url links in ActionEditor.py and works perfectly: "PLAY": ["KEY_MOUSE_RIGHTCLICK", "ACTION_MOUSE_DOUBLE_CLICK"],

are you able able to save me headaches, been trying different action commands without luck, much appreciated ahead of time if you are, kind regards!
(2017-04-19, 13:49)future124mix124 Wrote: [ -> ]so I tried to replicate what i did on pc to android, but having no luck, this is what i used for pc to refresh the url links in ActionEditor.py and works perfectly: "PLAY": ["KEY_MOUSE_RIGHTCLICK", "ACTION_MOUSE_DOUBLE_CLICK"],

are you able able to save me headaches, been trying different action commands without luck, much appreciated ahead of time if you are, kind regards!

What Android box are you using and what buttons does the remote control have?
Pictures and links would be good.

I doubt if you want to map up the mouse right click to play because that is the main context menu where all the setup happens.
let me get the info for you, but box is an android s912 3gb 16gb. ill send pictures right now of remote
here is the link to the box that im using: http://www.eweat.com/en/productshow.php?cid=19&id=38
(2017-04-19, 14:26)future124mix124 Wrote: [ -> ]pic of remote: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9DE2h...ElTT0R3Tk0

That looks like it has a decent amount of buttons.
What happened when you pressed the Pause/Play button before you started using the Action Editor?

If you want to make sure you have reset the actions delete the file called:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\commands.json