Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
let me install a fresh copy of the epg and ill let you know in a few minutes.
when i hit the play/pause button it brings up the menu to choose strm|m3u Favorites Addons Browse, i added an xmltv but not the ini file if that helps
(2017-04-19, 15:08)future124mix124 Wrote: [ -> ]when i hit the play/pause button it brings up the menu to choose strm|m3u Favorites Addons Browse, i added an xmltv but not the ini file if that helps

If you don't have an addons.ini file you won't have anything to choose.
That is why it is popping up the Stream Setup dialog.
You have to either start adding folders to the addons.ini file via Stream Setup \ Browse \ Add Folder,
or Save a single stream to a channel,
or import the addons.ini files in Settings \ Optional.
ok let me add my ini file, wasnt sure if i should or not yet.
added the ini file and it plays the stream url when i click the play/pause button.
(2017-04-19, 15:23)future124mix124 Wrote: [ -> ]added the ini file and it plays the stream url when i click the play/pause button.

You will only get the Choose Stream dialog if there is more than one match.
I got you on that, but how can i map it to not use the old url upon restart of the epg and clicking the "OK" button or the "play/pause" button?
like I was able to on pc ("PLAY": ["KEY_MOUSE_RIGHTCLICK", "ACTION_MOUSE_DOUBLE_CLICK"],), but android friendly.
(2017-04-19, 15:30)future124mix124 Wrote: [ -> ]I got you on that, but how can i map it to not use the old url upon restart of the epg and clicking the "OK" button or the "play/pause" button?

If you have used the Settings \ Optional \ Channel Mappings you will have a new url next time you start. It is a forced update.
If you press the "pause/play" button it will look in the addons.ini file and update to the new url.

The addons.ini file will only update if you use the Settings \ Optional \ addons.ini to import new files on startup.

If you make your addons.ini folder from the Browse \ Add Folder option you can force a timer update in
Settings \ Startup \ Background Update Service \ Update Addon Folders too.

Don't say I never give you enough options. Wink
To see what is mapped look in this file when you close the guide.
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini
you rock bro, ill test out all that out, thank you once again for your time and help it is very much appreciated!
That worked like a charm! Thank you once again for all your time, I really appreciate you walking me thru everything, have a great day/night! if you have a paypal please pm me so i can show my appreciation!
(2017-04-18, 22:37)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-18, 22:32)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Probably another dumb question but I can't figure it out.

I created a news category and it shows up next to all channels at top of main menu. I don't know how to load it and when I click on all channels or news all channels are in both.

Thanks Rocko

You have to Add Channels to your new Category or it will show you all the channels when you select it.
Add Channels is on the right click context menu for each category.

[EDIT] The button called Categories in the CatBar skin is for the Program Categories not the Channel Categories. All Channels and after are Channel Categories.

Thanks works great.
(2017-01-15, 22:41)moshoodo123 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval, some more progress. been a little bit busy at work, should be ready for public download this week.

Added some buttons to Epg but recordings button is a just dummy lol.

Added video resolution to OSD:

Will have a look at your github to see how to maximize the functionality of this addon.

Hi moshoodo123,

Did you every release your cool looking skin would love to try it out?

Thanks Big Grin
I managed to "flip" my skin EPG columns and descriptions by changing 2 y co ordinates and organizing the needed controls to those tangents. I have the equivalent of the PIP toggle that writes the coordinates but its a dirty approach. People seem to either like the descriptions at the top or bottom so i figured this is the best of both worlds approach while only needing to maintain 1 skin.

I also combined the action bar with a mousebar (5200) that you can toggle anywhere in the guide (in osd too). It has the catbar toggle too ( called "Groups"). You can have it set as the "down channel" and once open if you press down it will scroll down to the next page of channels. This gives a mouse and remote the same common controls. There is also an OSD mouse control bar that operates the same way in the 6000+ ids. I have a little fine tuning left in my menu xml and then this should have every possible ID and within the xml descriptions of what the controls are. I'll release it when i'm done if anyone uses it (no idea besides a few forks borrowing from it).

@Tycoo - not sure if your skin is still like this since i last looked, but on line 629 in main xml you have "# channels columns #" that isn't commented out with <!-- --> and on line 3647 you have "</font>5"
Your tweeks were appreciated, they added a little elegance.