Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-05-05, 11:47)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]But mouse scrolling in your Default and Catbar, still causes the program grid background to go black. And I've failed to get Andy's to scroll right. Funny thing.. your Dark skin scrolls well. Huh
Just remove the black texture behind the grid background if you don't want to see it, that's what I did.
(2017-05-05, 11:53)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-05, 11:47)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]But mouse scrolling in your Default and Catbar, still causes the program grid background to go black. And I've failed to get Andy's to scroll right. Funny thing.. your Dark skin scrolls well. Huh
Just remove the black texture behind the grid background if you don't want to see it, that's what I did.
There seems to be no texture in Andy's \media folder that's set to display that. I can delete all .png extensions from main xml, and it's still there. It seems to be drawn by the 'Small EPG Video Preview Windows' option in settings. If I disable that, the box disappears, but no images from any source are displayed. The black would be fine if I could get all program cells to display a preset fallback image over it. Somehow tycoo manages the fall back image with the 'Small Video..' option disabled.
(2017-05-05, 13:29)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-05, 11:53)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
There seems to be no texture in Andy's \media folder that's set to display that. I can delete all .png extensions from main xml, and it's still there. It seems to be drawn by the 'Small EPG Video Preview Windows' option in settings. If I disable that, the box disappears, but no images from any source are displayed. The black would be fine if I could get all program cells to display a preset fallback image over it. Somehow tycoo manages the fall back image with the 'Small Video..' option disabled.

Where did you get script.tvguide.fullscreen.skin.andy from? Have you got a link.

The black texture was to deal with the scrolling update but it looks like it isn't needed now. I'll take it out if it doesn't affect anyone.

Look in the code for the default fallback texture names. Most should be in the onRedrawEPG function in gui.py.
Sometimes there is simply an image behind the main one with maybe a condition for visibility based on nothing being shown in the foreground image.
Look for an image nearby in the xml that is the same size.
(2017-05-05, 13:29)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be no texture in Andy's \media folder that's set to display that. I can delete all .png extensions from main xml, and it's still there. It seems to be drawn by the 'Small EPG Video Preview Windows' option in settings. If I disable that, the box disappears, but no images from any source are displayed. The black would be fine if I could get all program cells to display a preset fallback image over it. Somehow tycoo manages the fall back image with the 'Small Video..' option disabled.
We're working completely blind here, I don't know who "Andy" is or what his skin even looks like, but by the sounds of it there are some issues with how it's been written compared to the default skins. You'd need to post a link for us to be able to look at what he's done, or even better start your own based on the Default skin using the textures from Andy's skin. That's what I'd do, otherwise you'll likely always be chasing your tail on every update of the addon.
(2017-05-04, 19:04)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval, Not had need to reset/change any of my custom streams for a given channel in a while, just tried to do it when running Kodi Leia #0503 on Rpi2 and once again unable to see addons to select channel stream as GUI panel is blank of expected information?

I have double-checked on Windows PC running Krypton 17.1 and same 0.17.340 version of TV Guide Fullscreen and everything is working OK so issue looks to be caused by another change or breakage in latest nightly Leia Builds.
Note: Only a FYI

Try 0.17.341. I think I got the last merge muddled up. It is getting really tricky to keep two versions in sync.

I did notice that Confluence was missing from the latest nightly. I hope that doesn't vanish.
I hate chasing the menus around the screen with a mouse in Windows with Estuary.
All that sideways menu sliding makes me feel sea-sick too.

I removed the background scrolling texture from Default and Catbar too.
(2017-05-05, 14:32)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-04, 19:04)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval, Not had need to reset/change any of my custom streams for a given channel in a while, just tried to do it when running Kodi Leia #0503 on Rpi2 and once again unable to see addons to select channel stream as GUI panel is blank of expected information?

I have double-checked on Windows PC running Krypton 17.1 and same 0.17.340 version of TV Guide Fullscreen and everything is working OK so issue looks to be caused by another change or breakage in latest nightly Leia Builds.
Note: Only a FYI

Try 0.17.341. I think I got the last merge muddled up. It is getting really tricky to keep two versions in sync.

OK, After stepping back through selected builds from #0504 via #0330, #0301 and #0201 earlier this morning and the issue still present on Rpi2 I was beginning to suspect recent TV Guide Fullscreen update/regression, could be cause of issue.
(Couldn't remember when I last used context options via EPG for a channel, but was sure not as long ago as #0201)

Will update post after I have updated to 0.17.341 whilst using Kodi Leia #0201 then with latest nightly #0504 etc.

---edit---

Great working correctly again with 0.17.341, thanks CoolCool

Tested on Rpi2 with Leia nightly builds #0201 & #0504 Wink
(2017-05-05, 13:36)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-05, 13:29)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-05, 11:53)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Just remove the black texture behind the grid background if you don't want to see it, that's what I did.

Where did you get script.tvguide.fullscreen.skin.andy from? Have you got a link.

I tracked the skin down via a link posted in a previous post here. I've only been delving into tvgfs for a week now. The context menu in this skin was so well designed I thought for sure it was well known.

Quote:The black texture was to deal with the scrolling update but it looks like it isn't needed now. I'll take it out if it doesn't affect anyone.

Look in the code for the default fallback texture names. Most should be in the onRedrawEPG function in gui.py.
Sometimes there is simply an image behind the main one with maybe a condition for visibility based on nothing being shown in the foreground image.
Ah. Okay. I've only just learned that textures in the \media folder can be called from python code. I'll look through gui.py a bit later and see if I can locate it. Thanks @p
(2017-05-05, 14:05)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-05, 13:29)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be no texture in Andy's \media folder that's set to display that. I can delete all .png extensions from main xml, and it's still there. It seems to be drawn by the 'Small EPG Video Preview Windows' option in settings. If I disable that, the box disappears, but no images from any source are displayed. The black would be fine if I could get all program cells to display a preset fallback image over it. Somehow tycoo manages the fall back image with the 'Small Video..' option disabled.
We're working completely blind here, I don't know who "Andy" is or what his skin even looks like, but by the sounds of it there are some issues with how it's been written compared to the default skins. You'd need to post a link for us to be able to look at what he's done, or even better start your own based on the Default skin using the textures from Andy's skin. That's what I'd do, otherwise you'll likely always be chasing your tail on every update of the addon.
Thanks. I just posted about the skin in my reply to primaeval above. Being pretty green at skin coding, I've only been reworking the aesthetics of existing skins a bit here and there to make them a bit more pleasing to my eyes, and hopefully learn a bit in the process. Andy's skin installs as an addon, and I have no idea if he ever updates it. But I've copied my reworked files over to the tvgfs data folder, as well as another drive so I won't loose them.
(2017-05-05, 13:36)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The black texture was to deal with the scrolling update but it looks like it isn't needed now. I'll take it out if it doesn't affect anyone.

Happy days: program_image = "tvg-tv.png" at 2248 in gui.py. Problem solved & black pip square gone. Thanks for your pm @primaeval. Guess I haven't posted enough yet to be able to reply.
EDIT: Anyone think they'd have any problems with primaeval removing this code?
@primaeval - I'm not sure exactly when this started, I think it was a couple of releases ago, but I now have some 'ghost' channels at the bottom of the EPG which were not previously there. If there was just one or two channels at the bottom of the EPG it would just populate those channels, now it populates the full grid, giving me about eight blank channels.

Not a big issue & I assume you've already seen this for yourself, however I did prefer it before as these extra channels in the grid seem a bit needless. Could this be fixed?

Thanks.
(2017-05-17, 12:03)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval - I'm not sure exactly when this started, I think it was a couple of releases ago, but I now have some 'ghost' channels at the bottom of the EPG which were not previously there. If there was just one or two channels at the bottom of the EPG it would just populate those channels, now it populates the full grid, giving me about eight blank channels.

Not a big issue & I assume you've already seen this for yourself, however I did prefer it before as these extra channels in the grid seem a bit needless. Could this be fixed?

Thanks.

I added them so that you don't have to use the footer control any more. That was too dependent on the code in gui.py.
Without them you get a nasty bright blank space that doesn't play nice with the background.
If you can think of a way to get around it without the footer code let me know.
(2017-05-17, 12:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I added them so that you don't have to use the footer control any more. That was too dependent on the code in gui.py.
Without them you get a nasty bright blank space that doesn't play nice with the background.
Ah ok I can see what you've done there. I tried a few things but can't seem to figure out how else to do it. From my own point of view I prefer the blank space to the dummy channels so as an interim fix I just reverted the code in gui.py & turned updates off Smile

I'll have another look later & see if I can come up with another way round it.

Thanks.
(2017-05-17, 13:04)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-17, 12:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I added them so that you don't have to use the footer control any more. That was too dependent on the code in gui.py.
Ah ok I can see what you've done there. I tried a few things but can't seem to figure out how else to do it. From my own point of view I prefer the blank space to the dummy channels so as an interim fix I just reverted the code in gui.py & turned updates off Smile

I'll have another look later & see if I can come up with another way round it.

Thanks.

Maybe just a switch to turn the dummy channels on or off might help you.

Now there are so many skin variations it is a bit tricky to please everyone.

Without the dummy channels or footer something like the Default skin is like taking your sunglasses off when you get to the last page of channels.
Yes I switched back to the default skin & can see how it just looks wrong! For my own skin I don't have the lower footer images so it doesn't look anything like it does in the default. If you could put a switch in there though to toggle on/off that would be great Smile
version 0.0.342
- Settings \ Appearance \ Show dummy channels on final page
- Settings \ Lab2 \ Sports Fixtures

@FXB78 Here is a switch at the bottom of Appearance to turn off the dummy channels.

There is a new experimental Data Source in Lab2 for Sports Fixtures.
It uses the same source as my Sports Fixtures addon from getyourfixtures.com.

Try it out in a new Profile so you don't mess up your usual channels.

There are a couple of settings in Lab2 for your Country and Timezone which should help filter out some of the channels.
There are no channel logos and only a simple title so far.

If I get around to sorting out the problems with program overlap I'll see if I can add it in as a secondary source to your main one.

[EDIT]
You can make Favourites Shortcuts to start TV Guide Fullscreen with different Channel Categories and Data Sources like this:
Code:
<favourites>
<favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen - xmltv" thumb="special://home/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,all channels,xmltv)</favourite>
<favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen - Sports Fixtures" thumb="special://home/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,all channels,fixtures)</favourite>
<favourite name="TV Guide Fullscreen - tvguide.co.uk now" thumb="special://home/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/icon.png">RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,all channels,tvguide.co.uk now)</favourite>
</favourites>