Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-06-24, 22:20)xDetoursx Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the response. No rush. Enjoy your holiday!

I'm having problems recreating your problem.
Have you got "Reset on Start" turned on?
That is the only way that I can get it to lose the channel order.
"Reset on Start" is off, but now that I'm looking at it again, i think i may have only arranged the channel order through each category, instead of using the "All Channels" tab. Just arranged them through the All Channels tab and rescanned. Looks like the order was preserved.
(2017-07-03, 19:50)xDetoursx Wrote: [ -> ]"Reset on Start" is off, but now that I'm looking at it again, i think i may have only arranged the channel order through each category, instead of using the "All Channels" tab. Just arranged them through the All Channels tab and rescanned. Looks like the order was preserved.

Good. I don't think I can make a custom order for each Category without losing my sanity. Wink
lol..Big Grin
primaeval thank you for the improvements from the original authors work.

i purchased a nas that supports kodi but unfortunately there are no pvr clients so i gave this a try for epg.
i have everything working but have a few questions..

i had a m3u list and wrote a script that creates a .strm file for each channel with the correct filename(channel name) with the stream url inside.
i noticed in the userdata folder the file custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini which seems to contain this info,theres also a backup i assume which is created whenever u add a new stream for a channel.
i can also create this easily with a script so if i exit the tvguide app and replace this file will that be ok?
i think it will but at the same time dont want to have to manually link all the channels again.

i also created a folder with all the channel logo's and they work fine also but i missed a few and restarting the tvguide it doesnt check the logo folder for changes.
during testing i found for any changes to show i had to exit the tvguide and delete the source.db file and then start the guide for the changes to take effect.
again this involves re-linking all the streams to the channel so is there a easier way to reload the logo's?

again thanks for your improvements.
(2017-07-14, 00:56)Blackbear199 Wrote: [ -> ]primaeval thank you for the improvements from the original authors work.

i purchased a nas that supports kodi but unfortunately there are no pvr clients so i gave this a try for epg.
i have everything working but have a few questions..

i had a m3u list and wrote a script that creates a .strm file for each channel with the correct filename(channel name) with the stream url inside.
i noticed in the userdata folder the file custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini which seems to contain this info,theres also a backup i assume which is created whenever u add a new stream for a channel.
i can also create this easily with a script so if i exit the tvguide app and replace this file will that be ok?
i think it will but at the same time dont want to have to manually link all the channels again.

i also created a folder with all the channel logo's and they work fine also but i missed a few and restarting the tvguide it doesnt check the logo folder for changes.
during testing i found for any changes to show i had to exit the tvguide and delete the source.db file and then start the guide for the changes to take effect.
again this involves re-linking all the streams to the channel so is there a easier way to reload the logo's?

again thanks for your improvements.

The custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini is output only so you can see what is mapped and use it in various other places in this addon or other tv guides.

There are a couple of ways to import the m3u file directly.

If it doesn't change then use
Menu \ Stream Setup \ Import Playlist
you probably need to add the location of the m3u playlist first in
Kodi \ System \ File Manager

If you want the m3u to be read on every addon start then add the m3u to
Settings \ Optional \ Enable addons.ini m3u Playlist Subscriptions
and add the m3u in the Manage setting.

If you want the m3u to be the only thing in the addons.ini file (the file that maps the channels to streams) then use
Settings \ Optional \ Import m3u

The logos only get re-checked when the xmltv channels change.
If they don't get updated first try
Settings \ Source \ File download interval = every start
for one go then turn it back to whatever it was before.
If that doesn't work try
Settings \ Source \ Reset on Start
for one go then turn it off again.

There is also a setting that can be used to keep your logo mappings when the channels change in
Settings \ Logos \ Keep Last Channel Logo Mappings.

Sorry it is a bit complicated but that is what happens when you keep agreeing to add everything that everyone asks for. Wink

[EDIT]
As you run your own script you might want to make an mapping.ini file instead of the m3u file in
Settings \ Optional \ Import mappings.ini
that is the same format as the custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini file

You can even add the channel stream urls to the xmltv file if you make your own.
wow.thank you very much.looks like i did alot of work for nothing as...

got the logo's updated.

and..

worked perfectly also,even channels i didnt have mapped play without asking to select the stream.

100% my fault for not scrolling down in that section(Optional).i missed the slider bar on the side.
i must looked at it 100 times and didnt notice it.

Thanks Again.
(2017-07-14, 11:17)Blackbear199 Wrote: [ -> ]wow.thank you very much.looks like i did alot of work for nothing as...

got the logo's updated.

and..

worked perfectly also,even channels i didnt have mapped play without asking to select the stream.

100% my fault for not scrolling down in thaT section(Optional).i missed the slider bar on the side.
i must looked at it 100 times and didnt notice it.

Thanks Again.

Good.

Make sure you turn off Reset on Start again.

One thing to keep in mind.
The
Settings \ Optional \ mappings.ini
method will overwrite any mappings you make from other addons in
Menu \ Stream Setup \ Browse

In that case I would just import them in
Settings \ Optional \ Enable addons.ini m3u playlist subscriptions.
That currently linked addon feature you added to the streamaddon.xml has been a fantastically useful primaeval. I wonder if it would be possible to add a related feature, something that may be a bit more complicated to code. Would it be possible to add 'Preview' and 'Save' functions in the streamaddon.xml like the one in streamsetup.xml for the selected addon thumbnail? Being able to stay in streamaddon until a working addon link is found would speed things up when a number of addon channel links aren't streaming properly.

Then something else that might be easier to implement. It'd be nice to display the currently linked addon for the selected channel somewhere in main.xml while surfing channels. If not both addon logo and addon name, maybe just code for the logo that would be nice to see on the left end of the bottom touch menu.

Very cool to see Blackbear199 here Smile
(2017-07-15, 07:50)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]That currently linked addon feature you added to the streamaddon.xml has been a fantastically useful primaeval. I wonder if it would be possible to add a related feature, something that may be a bit more complicated to code. Would it be possible to add 'Preview' and 'Save' functions in the streamaddon.xml like the one in streamsetup.xml for the selected addon thumbnail? Being able to stay in streamaddon until a working addon link is found would speed things up when a number of addon channel links aren't streaming properly.

Then something else that might be easier to implement. It'd be nice to display the currently linked addon for the selected channel somewhere in main.xml while surfing channels. If not both addon logo and addon name, maybe just code for the logo that would be nice to see on the left end of the bottom touch menu.

Very cool to see Blackbear199 here Smile

The Save and Preview in StreamAddon is probably a bit too tricky.
You can quickly get to force choosing a new stream if you press Play (p by default) on a channel instead of Enter.
Is that good enough?

If there are channels that you frequently have to choose an alternative stream you can add them as Alternative Streams in StreamSetup.

There is also an automatic fallback if one stream won't play
Settings \ Playback \ Try Other Alternative Streams if Play Fails.

I'll add the code in to show the logo and addon in main but I don't really want to enable it in any of my skins.
Do you know your way around the xml files?
(2017-07-15, 09:03)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The Save and Preview in StreamAddon is probably a bit too tricky.
I had a feeling that would have taken some extensive coding. It would be the fastest method of finding working addon channel links.

Quote:You can quickly get to force choosing a new stream if you press Play (p by default) on a channel instead of Enter.
Is that good enough?
Yes... You mentioned that the p key brings up the choice of addons back when you added the currently linked channel function there. That's very, very handy p.

Quote:If there are channels that you frequently have to choose an alternative stream you can add them as Alternative Streams in StreamSetup.
I've tested that in the past, but I'd rather not have to choose the addon to launch a channel each time I start it.

Quote:There is also an automatic fallback if one stream won't play
That might do the job. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Quote:I'll add the code in to show the logo and addon in main but I don't really want to enable it in any of my skins.
That'd be really great p. Would you just be adding support for the same linked addon id="" numbers to main.xml as you had done with streamaddon.xml?

Quote:Do you know your way around the xml files?
Well enough to modify existing skins, but definitely not for starting from scratch. Working on Andy's was a bit mind-boggling though as there's lot in his that's well beyond me. Smile I'm pretty happy with my final modifications though.
(2017-07-15, 10:39)JQZ* Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If there are channels that you frequently have to choose an alternative stream you can add them as Alternative Streams in StreamSetup.
I've tested that in the past, but I'd rather not have to choose the addon to launch a channel each time I start it.

Quote:There is also an automatic fallback if one stream won't play
That might do the job. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Something you could do, which I do, is create .strm files for your channels. Add the plugin or url entry on a new line, and if the first line fails it will automatically try line two. Add your streams in with highest preference at the top.

EDIT:

For reference, I have BBC One with a multi-line .strm

Line 1: Source from my dish
Line 2: http link ripped from iPlayer
Line 3: Plugin link from iPlayer plugin
Line 4: Plugin link from Freeview add-on
Line 5: Plugin link from TVCatchup

If line 1 (my dish) fails to play, it will automatically fallback to line 2. If line 2 then fails, it falls back to line 3, and so on.
(2017-07-15, 21:17)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='JQZ*' pid='2617461' dateline='1500107944']
Something you could do, which I do, is create .strm files for your channels. Add the plugin or url entry on a new line, and if the first line fails it will automatically try line two. Add your streams in with highest preference at the top.

EDIT:

For reference, I have BBC One with a multi-line .strm

Line 1: Source from my dish
Line 2: http link ripped from iPlayer
Line 3: Plugin link from iPlayer plugin
Line 4: Plugin link from Freeview add-on
Line 5: Plugin link from TVCatchup

If line 1 (my dish) fails to play, it will automatically fallback to line 2. If line 2 then fails, it falls back to line 3, and so on.
Intriguing Ray. I've never really understood how strm files work or how to create them. I'll have a go at this and try to wrap my head around yet another aspect of Winther based EBGs. Always fun to learn something 'new'. Thanks for the tip.
version 0.0.351
- Settings \ Appearance \ Show Addon Logo in EPG above Program Image
- use controls 44025 and 44026 for addon logo and name in main xml file
- Settings \ Lab1 \ Catchup url
- Catchup Command Action and Button
- eg plugin://plugin.video.XXX/catchup/%I/%Y-%m-%d:%H-%M/%T/%D
- Catchup Addon button is hidden in Default skin and has id 4017
- Settings \ Playback \ Use Alternative Streams as a Fallback Only

@JQZ* Here is your addon logo for the main epg xml file. It is in Default and Catbar as examples.
Settings \ Appearance \ Show Addon Logo in EPG above Program Image
Use controls 44025 and 44026 for addon logo and name in main xml file.

@JQZ* and @RayW1986 Here is a way to just use the Alternative Streams as Fallback Only.
Settings \ Playback \ Use Alternative Streams as a Fallback Only
If you enable that and
Settings \ Playback \ Try Other Alternative Streams if Play Fails
you won't get the initial Choose Alternative Stream dialog but it will try the next Alternative Stream if the first one fails.
It should do the same as your strm solution.

Catchup Addon
This is a very advanced feature that will take some work on your part.
I've made a freeform url that can be used to launch a Catchup Addon based on the Program title, season, episode, channel id, date and duration.
If you have a PVR backend or goto addon that can find a program based on the above data you can use this to go directly to that catchup program.
Settings \ Lab1 \ Catchup url
I've run out of space for another button in the Menu so I've hidden the one I made. Catchup Addon with id 4017.
There is a command called CATCHUP in ActionEditor.py that you can map up to a keyboard shortcut.
If anyone needs me to expose another variable for the url just let me know.
i'm using kjb85's skin and have a problem.

when viewing the epg guide if i use down arrow to navigate when its gets to the bottom of the visible epg data it will load the next page.
when i do the same thing with up arrow it stops at the 1st visible row and doesnt load the previous page.

up/down page keys work as expected.

its this is how its setup or is there a code error?